The DIFFERENT BG-Pups Appreciation thread

thunder100

• Members

Hi Community

Wanted to explain something different

Yes BG-Pups have great tone.My newest set of cleartops-->no difference great.But I had annother problem.

I like nice looking guitars I am not in roadworn.For me still it is an sexy object of Art.

So I needed (mentally) black pickups while the cleartops(as the name says) are clear copper looking

After some discussion with Bryan (cover-->no you cannot raise the pole pieces-->how to get black look-->plastic cover-->no is an embarrasment for the pickup) he said he will find an idea.

The pickups arrived and look like this

img0142m.jpg

Bryan used the vintage black wire originally for repairs on PAF's

And they sound greater(Probably MP3 compression then his soundsample on the homepage)

Thanks Bryan from a happy customer

Roland

img0144yb.jpg

• Members

If he continues to do things like this he will one day be the most popular pickup maker in the world...he'll get rich beyond his wildest dreams...hobnob with starlettes...walk red carpets...fast cars...private jets...yachts...be hounded by the papparrazzi...start drinking too much...rehab...drugs...rehab...live fast...die young...leave a fabulous corpse...

...he'll be a friggin' LEGEND!

;)

• Members

Couldn't be happier with the help and support I got from Bryan when I purchased my tele pups and Pure 90's. I admire people who are so honest and dedicated at what they do.

We still need to come up with a name for the BG fans:

- The BriGade?

-BG-holics?

Any others?

• Members

Love the look of that black wire in the clear bobbins ... cool stuff!

Bryan is great to work with and the dude has talent. When I got a wild hair for some 8 string Tele pups for a lap steel project, he gave me some pointers on bobbin building and then wound them up for me. Absolutely freaking killer tone, he nailed it first try.

Here is a pic of the finished product and more info and pics of the steel here

JYD-001-27.jpg

• Members

Love the look of that black wire in the clear bobbins ... cool stuff!

Bryan is great to work with and the dude has talent. When I got a wild hair for some 8 string Tele pups for a lap steel project, he gave me some pointers on bobbin building and then wound them up for me. Absolutely freaking killer tone, he nailed it first try.

Here is a pic of the finished product and more info and
pics of the steel here

JYD-001-27.jpg

:eek:

• Members

Can (or does?) BG pickups make a pickup in the same vein as the S.D P-Rails? I've been gassing for a set of these in my 335. But the name on the unit means squat. I know that BG gets a lot of love from this forum. and cost providing, It'd be awesome to have a set of pups made just for me!

• Members

Thanks all, I am stoked on how it came out. I'll definitely do those pickups again, they are just too sweet not to.

Can (or does?) BG pickups make a pickup in the same vein as the S.D P-Rails? I've been gassing for a set of these in my 335. But the name on the unit means squat. I know that BG gets a lot of love from this forum. and cost providing, It'd be awesome to have a set of pups made just for me!

I don't think Bryan is setup to do the custom bobbins that a P-Rail copy might need. If you could build or have the bobbins built, that may be another avenue. Or maybe some hybrid of his S90 and T-Rail

• Members

I dont know about the P-rails but what I ever Iasked I got(so far up to 4 sets)

Apart newest which is always best the ringer's are humbuckers wich are coil split V60(Vintage 60) single coils-->this is a versatile guitar

Roland

Archived