Inbound NGD...N4 content

ashasha

• Members

I've been wanting one of these for a LONG time now. I'm no Nuno fanatic, but I love the N4's design and ideas behind it. I'd been on the fence for quite some time though and when this popped up the other day I had to jump on it.

_1289342257809.jpg

I have no idea how good it is, but as long as it isn't firewood I am pretty sure that I can dial it in to play nicely.

Ebony fretboard was a big selling point. The neck pickup is a Duncan Design which will have to be swapped (already know them too well). It's Parts-burn I suppose, but it looks like it's got everything it needs. I suppose we'll see in a few days how good it is.

• Members

Doesn't look like an official Washburn but a parts build. You weren't told it was a Washburn issued guitar, were you? Looks nice regardless. Great guitars.

No, I knew that it was a parts build, the guy was straight up about it from the get go. I believe it's a parts build from funkymunky.

Here's the listing; it's not like it's perfect, but for what it cost it seemed like a good way to get into an N4 without having the wife bleed me out when I sleep.

• Members

Not sure about the antique'd penny hardware, but the rest looks sweet! There's a reverse angle shot in the auction, where you can see an awesome fat vein of wood grain inside both horns symmetrically, which is a nice unusual touch.

I'd love to get into an N4 for low monies, too. Always seeing the bodies for cheap and thinking, damn, if that neck wasn't so specific I could build one of these babies from parts in no time.

Isn't 'Duncan Designed' a broad term for many different pickups that have been designed by SD and made cheaper elsewhere? I don't think it's a particular pickup spec.

You going to Washburn decal this?

• Members

The Duncan Design Distortions are typically the HB103's or something like that. I have yet to hear one that was better than what I swapped it out with so it's as good as gone. :lol:

I kind of like the bronzed hardware. Not real sure about a logo or anything, but I have to admit that it looks a bit plain without something on there. I don't even know where to look for something like that, especially the little Stephens Extended Cutaway decal.

• Members

I've been wanting one of these for a LONG time now. I'm no Nuno fanatic, but I love the N4's design and ideas behind it. I'd been on the fence for quite some time though and when this popped up the other day I had to jump on it.

_1289342257809.jpg

That N4 is gorgeous! I love the bronze hardware, goes great with the wood finish. I'd rock the {censored} out of that thing, how much did it cost you?

Archived