The new American Standard Strat Bridge!

Marshack

• Members

I'm really happy with it! Nicer vintage type looks, and perhaps better tone? But, with a more modern usable plate. Whats not to love? As a matter of fact I would like to convert an older 90's AM St. Strat to these saddles. I understand that they are special slimmer saddles for the newer 2 point plate , and the vintage saddles won't fit. Where can I get these new stamped replacement saddle for my conversion?

• Members

Yes I just noticed the offset screws! Never noticed that before, wow!

Looks like fender only sells the whole bridge as far as I can tell? What happens if someone just needed a saddle? That would suck. Ill look at the Callaham suggestion, but I may just need to replace the entire bridge. This leeds me to rethink the whole Idea........ I'm converting the strat to all black plastic, and HSS, and thought it would be a good time to add the new bridge. Maybe I should just forget that idea, and be happy with the new bent saddles on the new Standard I just got.. I still have lots other to buy for the conversion.

Thanks!

• Members

Only real difference I can see is cosmetics.... A very welcome change. My 94 MIA Std is a great guitar, but I still think those blocky saddles look ugly as sin. They work just fine, of course. Now, Fender, if you'd just get rid of that ugly and (for me - YMMV) pointless 22nd Fret, we can talk....

• Members

I think the main reason they changed is cost savings. the milled block style saddles are more expensive then the stamped ones. the stamped ones work fine and when you save even a few dollars times the massive amount of guitars that fender creates you have a significant cost savings.

Archived