HNWBD or HNCD

nuke_diver

• Members

In Happy New White Box Day or Happy New Cabinet Day...your choice

This arrived yesterday

WhiteBox1x12.jpg

1x12 White Box Cab with V30. I'm still breaking in the speaker. I got it while they still had their opening month discount after looking long and hard at the used market and not finding anything I thought was a bargin. Doug of White Box Cab (board name Seattle Doug) was great to work with and answered all my emails quickly. The cabinent is well made I don't see any issues with it so far.

I haven't yet decided what configuration I'll have though I am leaning to semi open based on some clips I did to compare (I don't play well enough to make it worth posting, they were for an A/B/C comparison only). The semi open sounds a bit brighter at least with the strat compared to the others and while there wasn't much difference between fully open and semi the advantage is less stuff to store someplace my wife HATES clutter :cop:

With this I think I might really be done for a long time :eek:. I've got an amp I'm really happy with, a few guitars that are great and now a proper cab. The Crate will move to my drummers practice place so we can have a backup amp there and the old Vox will go to the music store to be sold since it won't get played again by me. Anything else I might need for recording I have in software and I don't forsee needing anything else. :thu:

• Members

Richard the amp is a Mesa Transatlantic. I'm not sure the cab is boutique, it cost me $250 new I thought boutique had to be over a grand :D

Cratz2 I checked one out once...and was sold. I did get mine used on ebay but you have to look around and be patient but they are not cheap amps. I had some extra cash and decided to get something "good" rather than just going cheap

Happy Turkey Day to you Richey and everyone else

Archived