Level 11 Telecaster copy is great!

Rattlesnake

• Members

Hello, my name is Rattlesnake Jenkins and I play guitar and sing in a rock band, DAMES ROCKET, in the great commonwealth of Kentucky. I own OWLHEAD recording studio, and OWLHEAD PRODUCTIONS, a sound reinforcement company. This is my first thread, ever. I just wanted to say that in July, 2010, I purchased a Level 11 seafoam green Telecaster copy, and I am very pleased. This guitar cost $99.99 and came ready to play right out of the box, which is more than I can say for some Fender guitars I have bought. Don't get me wrong. I don't know if this is a typical Level 11 guitar, or if I just got lucky. I purchased the guitar from GUITARS AMPS and BEYOND, through Amazon.com, and shipment and delivery was quick, after an E-mail glitch which initially delayed shipment. A fellow named Jay called me personally on the phone to advise me of a computer malfunction which slowed down the order. Jay apologized for the delay, expedited the order, and included a free tuner, to make up for the delay. Even so, the guitar arrived only one day later than originally intended. I E-mailed Jay, thanking him for expediting my order, and he also advised that I would receive a 15 percent discount on future orders. The guitar looks great, fit and finish is outstanding, and the action was good right out of the box. I have been playing guitar since I was 12 years old, and I am 57 now, and do all my own mods to my guitars. I own approximately 30 guitars, from the best to the cheapest. On the high end, I own 5 Fender Strats, a Fender Cyclone, a 1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom, '69 and '70 Gibson SGs, Paul Reed Smith (Billy Martin model),a Jackson Dinky, B.C. Rich ('79 Mockingbird,'80's model ST-3), (just to name a few), as well as cheaper guitars such as an Epiphone Les Paul standard, Jay Turser, Johnson, Rogue, J.B.Player, Charvel and Carvin. I know a good guitar when I play one. This Level 11 Tele copy is unbelievable for the money, and I plan on getting a couple more. I will evaluate any new purchases and pass those reviews on to the guitar playing world. I have many musician friends who come to my studio to do demo work and several have actually used the Level 11 to record with. This thing is very light weight, which is a plus in my view, especially after 3 sets with a Les Paul! I am not making a tonal comparison here, only that sometimes a lightweight guitar has its advantages. I am certainly a tone freak, so sound is of paramount importance . I own a bunch of tube amps, including VOX and MARSHALL half stacks, and I can tell you the tone of this little guitar is tasty on all three pickup settings. I raised the action slightly on the treble side, to enable me to play slide without slapping the frets. This thing sounds great in all three settings for slide guitar work. I have a buddy that thinks the Fender Telecaster is the only guitar worthy of his playing, and he owns several nice Fender Telecasters. After playing my Level 11 Tele copy, my "Tele-Fanatic" friend reluctantly admitted that the Level 11 played as well as his favorite Fender, and the Level 11 pickups were actually hotter than the stock Fender pups in his axe. I am a die-hard Fender fan myself, so this is, in no way, meant to denigrate Fender! I'm just saying that brand names and high prices are not always needed to purchase a decent guitar! The only modifications I have made to my Level 11 seafoam green Tele copy (other than raising the action on the treble side), has been changing the strings to a set of Ernie Ball 10 gauge, and installing a set of Shaller straplocks, which I put on all my guitars. I have written a review of this guitar on Amazon.com also, so look for my reviews of musical products in the future. This concludes Rattlesnake's first thread. I look forward to reading other guitarists thoughts regarding this thread. You may also direct your questions to me, Rattlesnake Jenkins, at: cwj2@att.net that's all for now folks,.... -ssss- Rattlesnake.

• Members

Banhammer, please.

I had one of these Level 11s. It was horrible. Unplayable without major nut work. Two-piece (perhaps, three piece--I can't remember) body was actually splitting apart where the pieces were glued together.

I never said anything about it, because (1) I felt like a fool for having bought it and (2) I didn't want to post something negative when there was no good to really come from doing so. But the OP's shill post (BTW, your keyboard should have an Enter/Return key) compels me to bark in response.

• Members

Uh...what?

Nearly impossible to decipher. I put my spectacles on and still couldn't read it...

Something about playing around with his rattlesnake, drinking Kentucky moonshine, then taking it to level 11 with a 57-year-old guy named Jay in the backwoods of the great commonwealth of Kentucky. :freak:

Archived