As above so Below

roomjello

• Members

My Political Party meter has moved from green to yellow, but isn't clipping - yet.

On some forums I'm considered heavily "cosmic" [i know... but it's true!].

I suspect that ROOMJELLO may take that role here.

Personally, I find most of this a bit overly vague.

That may be b/c of the significant amt of editing that's taking place after posting.

Whatever the case, I'd suggest a bit more definition & less "wiggle room" in expressing WTF...

...but dat's just me....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I vote that you work on #3 before you attempt to "educate" me

and stop trying to educate anyone with your limited world view

word dude, you'll have a better life living like that and you will not mention your "boss" 9 times out of 10 when you post your wisdom (serious, it's creepy, google yerself)

The OP was political, if somewhat utopian.
:idk:

Rather than be political this time, I'll be philosophical (and also answer your question).

One of the most important things in life is to know what you don't know, and to refrain from forming an uninformed opinion. Unfortunately, we all do that from time to time - including at the ballot box. When I said "uneducated" I wasn't using that word in the limited sense of sitting in a classroom. Dunno about you, but my "native gifts" require facts to process, and that requires educating oneself on a subject before forming an opinion.

My old boss used to say that when someone asks you a question, you have three possible replies: (1) If you know the answer, you can give it, (2) You can say "I don't know," or (3) You can confess that you don't understand the question. Number (3) is really important.

Terry D.

• Members

I suspect that ROOMJELLO may take that role here.

Personally, I find most of this a bit overly vague.

That may be b/c of the significant amt of editing that's taking place
after posting

Whatever the case, I'd suggest a bit more definition & less "wiggle room" in expressing WTF...

...but dat's just me....

What would you like defined specifically?

• Moderators

Given that, if you trust your abilities of reason, you start to find that you do not need facts and books and etc etc, you need your own contemplation and peaceful time to do it.

That's as succinct a recipe for madness as I've ever seen in print. Well done! :thu:

Internal contemplation (and all theories, really) require constant cross checking with external reality or else you end up creating an elaborate. disconnected, self-indulgent fantasy - like, say, the plot to Star Wars. ;)

Terry D.

• Moderators

I vote that you work on #3 before you attempt to "educate" me

Hmm.. not at all what I'm suggesting. In fact, I don't believe anyone can educate someone else, I believe we can only educate ourselves. And education can be formal or informal. Apparently "educate" is a hot button word. As I suggested in a previous post, informed voters are key to democracy working. I don't think anyone would argue that, except possibly RoomJello who posted that no external input or information is required to understand reality. :confused:

I also can't imagine anyone refuting that people voting themselves money is a big problem with Democracy; the results are evident all around us already, as B2B pointed out. :idk:

and stop trying to educate anyone with your limited world view

If by that you mean stop expressing my opinions in a civilized manner, then nope, not gonna happen. :idk:

word dude, you'll have a better life living like that and you will not mention your "boss" 9 times out of 10 when you post your wisdom (serious, it's creepy, google yerself)

Well, I'm a researcher for a living. There's this thing called "attribution" where you attempt to give credit to those who thought of the ideas you're spouting. Most people skip that. Besides, my old codger boss was a pretty cool dude who said a lot of stuff that bears consideration. I think he also said something about ad hominem attacks being pointless. Well, no, wait, I don't think he ever said anything in Latin. ;)

Terry D.

P.S. Thanks for the Google hits, I think I get a penny or something for that eventually. ;)

• Members

That's as succinct a recipe for madness as I've ever seen in print. Well done!
:thu:

Internal contemplation (and all theories, really) require constant cross checking with external reality or else you end up creating an elaborate. disconnected, self-indulgent fantasy - like, say, the plot to Star Wars.
;)

Terry D.

I'm not talking about being locked in a room alone from birth. It should go without saying that one is and has no choice in today's world but to be exposed to society and cross check with it, and in fact, with an open clear mind that cross check should make the exercise quite simple given the present state of most in society.

• Members

[...]

I also can't imagine anyone refuting that people voting themselves money is a big problem with Democracy; the results are evident all around us already, as B2B pointed out. [...]

I see it more as a problem with people. ;)

But I think there's certainly some culpability on the part of political leaders and organizations who pander to the short-sighted, naive, and just plain greedy in us.

• Members

and in fact, with an open clear mind that cross check should make the exercise quite simple given the present state of most in society.

Totally correct, but I'm sorry, imho it doesn't apply to you keeping in mind all you previous posts. Paradox? or Paradigm?

• Members

The conspiracy theorists say it is the goal.

The secret agenda.

Lets say it is.

Lets say we are on our way to it.

Lets say the evil forces of the world; the mighty rich and greedy, are pushing us relentlessly toward one world govenment.

One must keep in mind that there are certain rules in place in this world, in this existence.

Perhaps as of yet not definable, but as is magnetism not something we can sense, it still exists, and we use it to our advantage, so are these clear and indisputable rules.

Balance will prevail.

Justice will prevail.

The people will prevail, their sense of right leading the way. It is common to all and cannot be repressed for long.

Fear not the evil that moves the world to singular government with greed it's intention. For once it has done our work for us, we have in place a system for true govenment, ultimate govenment of the people.

As it seems our freedoms are being taken away, they are simply being put aside for a time.

Let not time be your burden, you are born into your proper place, accept it.

Look forward to no countries, no political parties.

Think how easily the people of the world will overthrow ONE government and watch over it.

Think how that small portion known as the evil lot will succumb to the majority; the good lot, and be finally ruled and regulated by it.

Yes, i think, let them do our work for us. And in the mean time, watch out for our planet.

...works as language, syntax & all, & each part seems reasonable but as a whole, it's a bit jumpy &, frankly, even with my relatively psychedelicized approach to thought processes, I find it hard to see what yer gettin' at.

Rather than define something like that (or the OP), maybe you could put it in other words (always a good way to test the validity of an idea.

• Members

Not defined as much as expressed in a way that has more coherence.

For example, this...

...works as language, syntax & all, & each part seems reasonable but as a whole, it's a bit jumpy &, frankly, even with my relatively psychedelicized approach to thought processes, I find it hard to see what yer gettin' at.

Rather than
define
something like that (or the OP), maybe you could
put it in other words
(always a good way to test the validity of an idea.

Sometimes it's fun to throw out a thought process.

I'm not starting a cult or revolution, i'm just a thinker. If you get nothing out of it them maybe it's not your thing. It's pretty coherent and plain and strait forward to me. In fact i don't know how i would make it more so.

• Members

I think lots of theology is bull{censored}.

But were it all taken away i could happily go live in the bush. I'd probably carve sticks or stumps or rocks, and if someone wandered through and could show me some stuff about how to do it better i would be grateful.

None of us are above any of the forces or nature or fully above our primal instincts, and i certainly don't claim to be.

As to how we act in relation to each other there are many factors to consider.

What makes you uncomfortable to see in others actions may be completely comfortable to another and even approved of.

Why? Bust out the calculator, it's endless.

But it is real.

The basics though are something we can cling to and use to measure.

One doesn't put out a fire with a piece of paper.

Someone who drives too slow on the freeway is a menace to the flow of the traffic.

Sacrifice, if understood is often a good thing.

There are people who have not learned to harness certain powers, should they be handed them or would that be dangerous? Or better yet, would it be impossible?

Roomjello is a good name for you.

Dan

• Members

IMO, if you're going to say something that sounds pithy and deep it helps if it's factual too. As Joni Mitchell stated (correctly as it turns out) : "We are stardust".

How can you make a fact out of something we cannot define? You can of course decide to only believe and consider everything but. But where has it got us recently?

• Members

If all that brain energy was developing new low, or zero, cost sources/forms of energy for the masses I'd be impressed!

Hey man, surprise surprise, but impressing people doesn't interest me. I follow my heart and energy development doesn't seem to come up a whole bunch on that path.

But as far as developing energy goes, if that is YOUR interest, I'm sure if you look you will find many intelligent people working on it.

• Moderators

I love to read books, but mostly philosophy and the odd artsy thing. And i can tell you why, because the stuff i read is comforting in that it simply confirms what i already know....

Aren't those the very books you should not be reading? :confused:

I'm gonna check your IP addy, for no other reason that curiosity. I'm enjoying your posts. :thu:

Terry D.

Archived