Woodchip guitar

Crisco

• Members

Value line anyone?

It would be a hard pressed job

but much like whipping together tuna salad

just throwsome glue and chips in the mixer and see what happens

Pattern-Wood-Chip-1-1440x900.jpg

of course they would have to be sanded and painted...

couldn't imagine what a natural finish would look like.

• Members

Reminds me of the old gibson sonex guitars with their Resonwood construction, much closer to wood chip than the Dano's that where more hardboard and pine construction.

Either way with the amount of glue required to hold that lot together it would weigh a ton

• Members

Reminds me of the old gibson sonex guitars with their Resonwood construction, much closer to wood chip than the Dano's that where more hardboard and pine construction.

Either way with the amount of glue required to hold that lot together it would weigh a ton

I owned a Sonex 180 DeLuxe in 1983. Shame that neckjoint wasn't very good at all- a slight Angus Young trip against my wall showed that very quickly.

What I saw inside was much like what a Zero candy bar looks like. White carbonite material encasing less than an inch of wood holding the truss rod.

It surely didn't give it any strength.

Awful thing was there was no way to fix it. It broke straight in half like a carbon pencil...there was no angle to it at all

• Members

I've often thought some OSB board could make for an interesting top either natural or dyed.

OSB_3_oriented_strand_board.jpg

Another cool product is this stuff they call Dakota Burl. Its a composite of sunflower seed shells and used for counter tops and other decorative applications.

http://www.amicusgreen.com/browse.cfm/dakota-burl-1-2-x-4-x-8/4,1844.html

dakotaburl.jpg

Archived