reliablefenderStratosphere - Conclusive shill evidence?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are 122 negatives on that page. He has over 100,000 shipments. Gotta think that with that much volume, not everything is gonna be perfect.

To be honest, that's a pretty damn low dissatisfaction rate if you really look at the numbers. Not to mention if you read the comments, the majority of the negative buyers got a refund.

I'm not trying to defend this guy, I have no personal stake in this. But if you're gonna look at numbers, look at
all
the numbers.

A refund is the least he can do IMHO. When I receive a product which is not as described or as pictured in the auction I have the right to be pissed off and feel cheated.

• Members

A refund is the least he can do IMHO. When I receive a product which is not as described or as pictured in the auction I have the right to be pissed off and feel cheated.

Least he can do? What more do you honestly expect from the seller once a refund is issued?

I'd feel pissed off and cheated, too, if the item was not as described, and the seller would not make the situation right.

But if the seller corrects the situation, I don't feel as though I'm entitled to anything else. At that point the problem's resolved an it's over.

• Members

Its not the least its the most. Both parties should be made whole again not in a position where they gain something. If anyone got screwed its the seller because now he has a body that is damaged that as far as he is concerned was not damaged when it went out. He got screwed, not the other way around.

• Members

What if the body was damaged to begin with? He ships internationally so he should know how to pack stuff safely.

Exactly...If there was no damage in the pics then there was no damage before shipping, unless he damaged the body before shipping but why do that? I think its very likely the damage happened during shipping, bubble wrap or not.

Remember hes not saying he sent a different body, but the one pictured and described in the auction that was apparently mint.

• Members

Who says that the pictures are current? I doubt that they would take new pics after having received a return from another buyer, they would most likely simply relist it with the old pics.

I have bought countless guitars and parts over the last couple of years, most of my stuff is from Europe, some from the US, some from Asia, everything arrived safely. If there was any physical damage it was there before the guitar shipped and I knew about it beforehand.

• Members

Who says that the pictures are current? I doubt that they would take new pics after having received a return from another buyer, they would most likely simply relist it with the old pics.

Because this makes no sense at all. Take pics of a body in mint condition and then for some unknown reason damage the body and then send it out?

• Members

I'm winning a lowball bid on a slightly reliced '02 MIM body with a pinup doll waterslide decal on the back from him. I doubt anyone will want that but me. I'm going for a vintage-y strat project build. :thu:

• Members

Because this makes no sense at all. Take pics of a body in mint condition and then for some unknown reason damage the body and then send it out?

Damage on purpose? Yeah, that is unlikely, but things can happen between taking pics for an auction and shipping an item days, weeks or months later.

Also, it may have been in mint condition at one point, but what happens if a customer returns it and they have to relist? Will they take new pics or just use the old ones?

• Members

Damage on purpose? Yeah, that is unlikely, but things can happen between taking pics for an auction and shipping an item days, weeks or months later.

Also, it may have been in mint condition at one point, but what happens if a customer returns it and they have to relist? Will they take new pics or just use the old ones?

Thats when you go by his track record which is 99.8%. He doesn't only sell mint items, the ones that aren't mint are described as such and the pics will show this. I just don't see why he would ruin his rep by trying to decieve a few people when he satisfies 100,000. Makes no sense to me.

Also I follow items where people will pay the same price for a beat up item as they would for a mint one. There is no reason not to accurately describe an item when it will sell no matter what.

• Members

Thats when you go by his track record which is 99.8%. He doesn't only sell mint items, the ones that aren't mint are described as such and the pics will show this. I just don't see why he would ruin his rep by trying to decieve a few people when he satisfies 100,000. Makes no sense to me.

It's an eBay shop and judging from the pics it is run from someone's home. They have to store the stuff somewhere and from my own experience it's pretty easy to ding a guitar body (especially when you are as heavy-handed as I am :lol: ).

Most of their sales are parts anyway, those are pretty robust. And yeah, not everything they sell appears to be new.

• Members
I'm winning a lowball bid on a slightly reliced '02 MIM body with a pinup doll waterslide decal on the back from him. I doubt anyone will want that but me. I'm going for a vintage-y strat project build.
:thu:

You wont win any of his auctions with a lowball bid.

• Members

Hah, I've always thought this. Everytime I win an auction from this seller 0 feedback shills drive my bid up to EXACTLY my maximum bid. I understand wanting to get your money out of things but it kind of turns the whole "auction" thing into a charade.

Besides that I've always had a good experience with reliablefender, I've certainly bought a few items from them and they have always arrived quickly and in good condition.

• Members

Id just like to add there have been scores of people for years trying to get Stratosphere shut down and it hasn't happened yet. Fender knows what he does and doesn't care, and Ebay knows what he does and has no problems with him either.

• Members

I don't see why his shilling matters on a personal level. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it's unethical. And yes, it blows mores that, because of how much stuff he sells, he controls how much the parts sell for (and his shilling means that he's raising their market price). And his customer satisfaction record isn't exactly sterling. But if an item goes for too much, be it because of his shilling or not, I won't be buying it. So, if he pushes up his own price beyond a point that I'm willing to pay, he won't be getting my business. Easy as that. And that excludes all the OTHER reasons that we've found not to purchase from him. I think if people stop buying from him, then problem solved, but is that going to happen?

• Members

I have bought quite a few things from him.. In the end I'm still happy with what I bought... But I always wondered how the {censored} I've never seen one item sell for a great price. I guess now I know.

I think I bought my last item from him when he had like, 37000 feedback.

And that was like, just over a year ago.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

30-Day Summary

Total bids: 1070

Items bid on: 958

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 96%

In English, this bidder put in 1076 bids on 958 items in the last 30 days. 96% of these items were for reliablefender auctions.

I found the user ID of this bidder

Tuff_2000 here is a link to his feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tuff_2000&ftab=AllFeedback

He is registered in Germany, so I guess there goes your so called "proof"

• Members

Thank you! This question has weighed heavily on me, over the last two years. Now I have closure.

This is one thing that bothers me about this message board. Somebody posts a slanderous comment, and it gets tons of attention and lots of hits. When this "evidence" is debunked everybody ignores it.

• Members

Hah, I've always thought this. Everytime I win an auction from this seller 0 feedback shills drive my bid up to EXACTLY my maximum bid. I understand wanting to get your money out of things but it kind of turns the whole "auction" thing into a charade.

Besides that I've always had a good experience with reliablefender, I've certainly bought a few items from them and they have always arrived quickly and in good condition.

how do they know your final bid?

Archived