reliablefenderStratosphere - Conclusive shill evidence?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i know i have order from them before and i all most allways pay what my max bid is for whatever im bidding on. I do my research when i bid on stuff and know about what its going to take. I can say i have never got a great deal from them.I've seen stuff stuff be a penny with 30 seconds left and try to bid on it and with about 15 seconds left i allways get out bid and i have never just put a lowball offer to try to win the item.

• Members

I'm not sure what your point is. Can you explain in words?

30-Day Summary

Total bids: 1070

Items bid on: 958

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 96%

In English, this bidder put in 1076 bids on 958 items in the last 30 days. 96% of these items were for reliablefender auctions.

• Members

In English, this bidder put in 1076 bids on 958 items in the last 30 days. 96% of these items were for reliablefender auctions.

Thanks. So we think this guy has a bogus account he uses to bid on his own stuff, to drive the prices up?

• Members

I've never trusted that seller, and I've made it a point not to buy stuff from him. Occasionally he's had something I was looking for, but I made a point of buying elsewhere.

I'd like to see him reported, but he's the prototype of the kind of seller evilBay is looking for (possibly, though not necessarily, apart engaging in shill bidding, if indeed that's him): super-high volume Power Seller w/ no scruples. Thus I'd be surprised if they took any action against him.

• Members

Conclusive? ... of course not. Like DriveBy says, could be this guy just lowballs every ReliableFender auction, looking for a deal. I've gotten a few small things from them for a decent price. Nothing more than $20 or so, though.

Gotta love their business model. They're just a chop shop. They buy new Fenders at the dealer prices and then part them out... down to nuts, bolts and case candy. I've read somewhere that they've made MILLIONS doing this (yeh, millions! :freak:).

• Members

What I find amusing is some of the buyers at reliablefender.

I've been looked at hardshell Fender cases so I've been watching a bunch the auctions to get a ball park figure and even bid on a couple. You will see people pay more for a beat up case then what someone paid for new one just the day before. Either they are very stupid or they have some weird relic thing going.

• Members

To you probably not no, you appear to be as dense as a pigs {censored}....imo:confused:

That was kind of uncalled for. You posted a link and offered no explanation or discussion. I didn't realize I was supposed to know exactly what you were talking about. Next time I'll just read your mind before I post.

Luckily Mike Fiasco was not an asshole and just answered my question.

• Moderators

I've never trusted that seller, and I've made it a point not to buy stuff from him. Occasionally he's had something I was looking for, but I made a point of buying elsewhere.

I'd like to see him reported, but he's the prototype of the kind of seller evilBay is looking for (possibly, though not necessarily, apart engaging in shill bidding, if indeed that's him): super-high volume Power Seller w/ no scruples. Thus I'd be surprised if they took any action against him.

Thing is Don, shill bidding is actually good for Ebay, as the end value increase their earnings....reckon this is one for Mr O

• Members
  • Members

Now, in MY humble opinion, Ben Ricci is a knowledgeable guy who is a valuable addition to this forum some 6 months ago. Especially considering he joined amid the crapstorm of the "one who shall not be named" alts.

Sure, his post might have been snippy but it did take me a few minutes to digest what your link said, and if he wasn't in on the original discussion of reliablefender . . . . well you get the picture.

Also Sean, one has to understand that over on this side of the pond, the C-word you're so fond of is considered shocking and more offensive (especially to the fairer sex ;) ) than the F-bomb. :poke: :p

Just saying.

Also, I've bought from reliablefender, but that was a long time ago. Sure, he's shilling, he saves on insertion fees. A $400 item that gets listed for $.99 costs about 30% less to list.

• Members

Well, I didn't mean for it so sound snippy or anything. If that's how it seemed, I'm sorry. I legitimately didn't understand the point the OP was trying to make about that eBay listing.

I get it now. We cool?

• Members

Well, I didn't mean for it so sound snippy or anything. If that's how it seemed, I'm sorry. I legitimately didn't understand the point you were trying to make about that eBay listing.

I get it now. We cool?

I find that without smilies, concise posts on bulletin boards get misconstrued as snippy . . . :D:thu:

Archived