reliablefenderStratosphere - Conclusive shill evidence?

• Members

Every time I have ever bid on anything from him I am alway's outbid at the last possible second. Even if no one has bid on the thing the whole time auction was running.Alway's was suspicious of this guy so now I don't bid on anything he has.:mad::evil::facepalm:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Every time I have ever bid on anything from him I am alway's outbid at the last possible second. Even if no one has bid on the thing the whole time auction was running.Alway's was suspicious of this guy so now I don't bid on anything he has.
:mad::evil::facepalm:

Well he wouldn't snipe his own auctions, that would be stupid. It's probably someone using Gixen or something, which is the only way to win one of his auctions.

Now that I went back through my feedback, I DID buy one thing from him, a Classic 70's Greybottom MIM Strat pickup. I got it for under $10. I used a sniping service.

• Members

There is another scammer on e bay uses a bunch of different names. Sell's Shure SM 57 and 58 mic 's for 40 dollar's.Buy it now. He uses Vietnam , Taiwan and several other location's. Have reported him a bunch of time's his feedback rating is about a 60 something.He's probably still using e bay .Type in shure mic's and I am sure you will see who I am talking about.:evil:Seem's E bay can't or won't stop him .

• Members

I got taken by that guy. I ended up paying $180 for a Highway1 tele body, matte black, with scratches and other blemishes. Of course, I didn't try to return it, so my bad. I do remember the price shooting up to my max bid in the last minute of the auction:mad:

Now, only USACG for me:thu:

• Members

Whoops, I take back anything I said about reliablefender as to me directly doing business with them.

I bought from n.aalox, who uses Buy It Now for his listings, and also happens to be awesome.

My bad.

I've bought a couple of guitars from n.aalox too - good seller.

• Members

Well he wouldn't snipe his own auctions, that would be stupid.

Not necessarily. If he listed it with a very low starting price, to save money on the insertion fee, and he didn't get the bidders he wanted to get it to the price up to what he really wanted it to sell at, he may consider it a better option to snipe the thing and pay the Final Value Fee than sell it for a low price.

F'rinstance, if I listed a trem starting at 99 cents starting price, and only one person bids on it, it would sell for 99 cents. In that case, it's better for me to snipe it myself, keep the trem, pay myself the money, and only have to pay eBay the Final Value Fee.

• Members

Not necessarily. If he listed it with a very low starting price, to save money on the insertion fee, and he didn't get the bidders he wanted to get it to the price up to what he really wanted it to sell at, he may consider it a better option to snipe the thing and pay the Final Value Fee than sell it for a low price.

F'rinstance, if I listed a trem starting at 99 cents starting price, and only one person bids on it, it would sell for 99 cents. In that case, it's better for me to snipe it myself, keep the trem, pay myself the money, and only have to pay eBay the Final Value Fee.

In addition, he drives up the prices of his own goods to where consumers will likely buy them at those higher prices later on.

What a douche.

• Members

Well, yeah, I guess you're right. Guess it depends on how much the final value fees are and how high you have to snipe it.

Better to snipe it up to a price just above your cost, or a price just under what you think is slightly lower than people would be willing to pay, I think. This way, you actually make a sale if the person put in a reasonable maximum bid, and don't have a net loss on the item.

• Members

I'm going to have to check out this Malox dude.

I have bought quite a few things from Reliable Fender and have been quite happy with them. However, if they are shilling as part of their strategy, then I can't support them ethically. And it certainly looks that way from the information given in this thread.

• Members

I got screwed by this seller in 2004. I purchased a Fender Deluxe Strat Body which was listed in Mint condition. Upon it's arrival I inspected it and realized it wasn't even close and immediately contacted the seller. He tried to convince me that the body was in Mint Condition upon it's shippment. I told him that It couldn't have been as the damage was present after removing the body from thick bubble wrap (no way in hell any of the scratches and scuffs got there during shippment). Once again he attempted to convince me that the body was in mint condition upon shippment and that he and his partner looked it over before they shipped it out. When he realized I wasn't buying in to his bs he offered me a full refund. I ended up shipping the body back to the seller and had all my money refunded. Never again.....

• Members

I got screwed by this seller in 2004. I purchased a Fender Deluxe Strat Body which was listed in Mint condition. Upon it's arrival I inspected it and realized it wasn't even close and immediately contacted the seller. He tried to convince me that the body was in Mint Condition upon it's shippment. I told him that It couldn't have been as the damage was present after removing the body from thick bubble wrap (no way in hell any of the scratches and scuffs got there during shippment). Once again he attempted to convince me that the body was in mint condition upon shippment and that he and his partner looked it over before they shipped it out. When he realized I wasn't buying in to his bs he offered me a full refund. I ended up shipping the body back to the seller and had all my money refunded. Never again.....

Where's the part that you got screwed at exactly? You left that out. You said you got a body you were unhappy with and he gave you your money back.

• Members

Where's the part that you got screwed at exactly? You left that out. You said you got a body you were unhappy with and he gave you your money back.

No, he got a body which wasn't as described.

• Members

Yeah, I also fail to see how he got screwed. He didn't like what he got, so he sent it back for a full refund.

• Members

And got a full refund...Yeah thats a major screw over
:facepalm:

BTW Stratosphere has 99.8% feedback with over 100,000 sales. Hes doing something right.

Of course it is, refund or not. The seller had no choice and seems to count on the fact that someone is going to keep it.

• Members

Of course it is, refund or not. The seller had no choice and seems to count on the fact that someone is going to keep it.

You're assuming what the seller is counting on. Frankly, I don't believe the OP and think the body was as described. The seller posts accurate pics of all the items and any damage would have shown up. Id like to see pics from the OP and the Stratospheres own pics and see how they differ.

Worst case scenario he got a item that was different than described. He got a FULL REFUND.

• Members

Yeah, I also fail to see how he got screwed. He didn't like what he got, so he sent it back for a full refund.

See if this helps:

Seller claims part is in "mint" condition.

Part arrives in not mint condition.

Buyer is forced to waste his time getting a refund.

Maybe you've got time to burn on such nonsense, but who are you to say GuitarGuy503 does? How high of a standard do you think he should be held to before being able to say he got screwed?

• Members

Worst case scenario he got a item that was different than described. He got a FULL REFUND.

Was the buyer compensated for the time he had to spend resolving the seller's mistake/dishonest attempt at a sale? No? Then he did not receive a "FULL REFUND."

• Members

Maybe you've got time to burn on such nonsense, but who are you to say GuitarGuy503 does? How high of a standard do you think he should be held to before being able to say he got screwed?

He would have been screwed if he was stuck with something he didn't want. He would have been screwed if he was scammed out of his money.

But he is not stuck with something he doesn't want. He is not out any money. He simply had to return an item.

Let's say I buy something from a store, and I get it home only to find out it's damaged. I now have to return it to the store, which then gives me a full refund. Did I get screwed? I don't think so.

Sucks for me that I had to return an item to the store, but things happen. Maybe it's just me. I guess I'm alone on this one.

• Members

I guess my definition of screwed over is different than most. Seller said damage was done during shipping and the OP said it wasn't. Who to believe? A reputable dealer that sells hundreds of thousands of parts? Or a buyer whos thinks bubble wrap is 100% damage proof?

• Members

There's a lot of shipping damage going on then.

There are 122 negatives on that page. He has over 100,000 shipments. Gotta think that with that much volume, not everything is gonna be perfect.

To be honest, that's a pretty damn low dissatisfaction rate if you really look at the numbers. Not to mention if you read the comments, the majority of the negative buyers got a refund.

I'm not trying to defend this guy, I have no personal stake in this. But if you're gonna look at numbers, look at all the numbers.

• Members

Was the buyer compensated for the time he had to spend resolving the seller's mistake/dishonest attempt at a sale? No? Then he did not receive a "FULL REFUND."

shipping the item back is no different than having to return an item to a store.Compensated for his time?That's ridiculous.

Archived