NGD - I can't escape the Ibanezeses

RufusFussbuster

• Members

Yep - as Cratz2 mentioned below, a Burstbcker Pro #2 in the neck, and a #1 in the bridge - for all the reasons you mentioned.

Cool info on the tops, I did not know they were "stamped".

Not that there's a right or wrong way to do anything in music, but I think the intention is for the #1 to be in the neck and the #2 to be in the bridge. The #2 is a bit hotter, both to help balance the pickup positions and to help the bridge pickup drive the amp a bit more.

• Members

Not that there's a right or wrong way to do anything in music, but I think the intention is for the #1 to be in the neck and the #2 to be in the bridge. The #2 is a bit hotter, both to help balance the pickup positions and to help the bridge pickup drive the amp a bit more.

Yes, you're right! Mental error in my post above.

I'm sure I wired them correctly, though - I bought the #1 (NECK) and wired it a couple times in different guitars long before getting the #2.

I bought the #2 (BRIDGE) used with an extremely short (6") lead, so I know I could not have accidentally wired it into the neck! :facepalm:;) Thanks!

• Members

Might have to play one of those Artcores next time I'm at the music shoppe. $400 for a 335 knockoff with the playability of my Artist would be something. And I bet I wouldn't have any muddiness problems with that maple body :D

Archived