Fender FSR MIM strat

twotimingpete

• Members

I love this special run standard strat.

blonde finish (that's slightly transparent) and a mint pickguard with noiseless pups. sorry about the big image but it lets you see the grain.

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_620784.854_white_blonde_

I love strats, I love standard strats, and this one has a unique look with the vintage blonde finish and mint PG and the maple neck looks awesome -- I'm honestly tempted.

Anyone know if this has the same large trem block as the new regular standards?

• Members

That FSR is, visually speaking, HOT in capital letters. That said, I find it overpriced. Isn't it $699 for the blonde? And the Vintage Noiseless pickups are rather blah in my mind.

Get a Standard for $499, and then you have plenty of money for the plastic parts and actually good noiseless pickups.

• Members

That FSR is, visually speaking, HOT in capital letters. That said, I find it overpriced. Isn't it $699 for the blonde? And the Vintage Noiseless pickups are rather blah in my mind.

Get a Standard for $499, and then you have plenty of money for the plastic parts and actually good noiseless pickups.

standards don't come in blonde.

• Members

Problem with that is you can't get that sexy blonde in a standard...only the same old boring strat colors.

• Members

Cool guitar! And yes, just because you like it is an absolutely fine reason to get it.

I also like the mint green PG, but I find it very interesting that I have yet to find one single non-guitar player that likes them. I had one on one of my strats and people would comment that it looked odd or even ugly. Must just be a player thing...

• Members

look what I found. standard strat, fsr, with a blonde finish, ash body, and regular pickups for $500.

http://proguitarshop.com/store/guitars-fender-limited-edition-fsr-models-c-1_659/fender-2010-fsr-limited-edition-standard-ash-stratocaster-mn-wbl-p-2662

if something doesn't show up on MF I don't usually notice it exists. anyone know if PGS has negotiable prices? I don't think I've ever purchased a guitar from M123 without asking for and receiving a discount, for instance.

Archived