CP Jazzmaster color: Curious what the people think

twotimingpete

• Members

I have the sunburst

IMG_0985.jpg

...but I love the black, too. And I don't usually prefer black guitars. My Jazzmaster is my favorite guitar. I was looking into a Blacktop Jazzmaster as a backup/alternative pickup combo JM, but I didn't get a good vibe from it when I played it. When the time comes, I'll look into a black CP and do something fun with the pickups.

• Members

I went with both! Accidently!

First, I called MF and realized the best offer I was going to get was $80 off. so I took it and ordered the sunburst.

Shortly later I decided I definitely wanted black instead, and called to change it to black. They had to cancel the first order but they said since it already was being prepared for shipping, it may ship out anyway.

So.... I may or may not have BOTH showing up at my doorstep. If that happens I'll just have to send one back!

• Members

I could live with either, but if I ever get a nice Jazzmaster or Jag, it will be a very surfy color... Shell Pink, Fiesta Red, Surf Green or Seafoam Green... something like that.

Of the black, white or burst, I'd probably go for the white so I could add a mint guard and cream plastics. :idk:

Between the black and the burst, I'd lean slightly towards the burst, but I'd absolutely go with whichever played better.

• Members

I went with both! Accidently!

First, I called MF and realized the best offer I was going to get was $80 off. so I took it and ordered the sunburst.

Shortly later I decided I definitely wanted black instead, and called to change it to black. They had to cancel the first order but they said since it already was being prepared for shipping, it may ship out anyway.

So.... I may or may not have BOTH showing up at my doorstep. If that happens I'll just have to send one back!

Play them both, decide which one plays better and then send the other one back. Playability trumps colour every time. Good luck.

Archived