man arrested at hadron collider claims he's from the future

techristian

• Members

I thought there was supposed to be a different reality for each possible outcome, so wouldn't he be from one of the futures? (That is, if in fact one could travel backward in time.)

Best,

Geoff

His travel to his past, would create a new parallel universe with its own timeline. I don't think he could have done that, since we, and our universe were already here. Unless his trip back was already programmed into our timeline. :facepalm:

• Members

Now I`m really confused...
:confused:

From a relativistic viewpoint he's right. If you add up the velocities of the earth rotating + revolving around the sun + the sun revolving around the center of the Milky Way, we're going something like 500,000 miles per hour. If you could slow down (somehow), then survive without air & heat (as the Earth sped away from you), your personal time rate would slow down, relative to Earth's time rate. It'd probably slow down just enough for you to relive your life in memory before the cosmic rays fried you....

You could do the same thing by reducing the amount of gravity you are subjected to, but that would likely be a bit more difficult. Right now... Maybe it'll get easier once that collider coughs out a few black holes?

• Members

So if he's from the future, how come he didn't know he was going to be arrested?

That's what happens when you travel to the past. You immediately forget all the details and why you came back ....because once you get to the past, you haven't yet had the idea to come back to the past. Really frustrating.

Especially when someone asks you how you got here and what the future is like. About all you can say, is "I don't remember".

I constantly forget stuff that's going to happen tomorrow, much less next year. Happens all the time.

• Moderators

So if he's from the future, how come he didn't know he was going to be arrested?

Why would he care about being arrested when he could just disappear from the cell as he did? AND get the news article about sent back to April 1st 2010? ;)

Terry D.

Archived