Worst professional guitar tone?

gorebreath

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe Dave Grohl is on this list lol, he has such a good straightforward rock tone.

No kidding, that was my first thought when I saw this list. For low-mid gain rock n roll, I think you're hard pressed to beat Dave's tone. There's something to be said for a rig as simple as his.

• Members

grohl is amazing.. fantastic drummer,, hell of a song writer, and i really dig the whole double octave vibe to his sound... that band has some freaking energy.. he is really able to hold the beat down with his rhythm guitar,,

• Members

Not the 'worst', but I've always been disappointed in Robert Cray's tone. Seemed thin and washed out, compared to the excellence of his playing. I always think how much better he'd sound if he let me adjust his amp settings.....
:)

+1. Great player, but his tone is too clean.

• Members

For as much as I love his playing, I hate his tone: Akira Takasaki.

Tone Hate #2: Jimmy Page

Tone Hate #3: Eric Johnson (I know, I know, but I don't like it)

Whoa, someone from San Angelo. Do you go to ASU? I went there for two years before I transferred. :wave:

• Members

Give Steve Vai PRS straight into a Matchless and his tone would be the most improved, he is such a great guitarist but some times it sounds like he is playing rubber bands on plywood (other times it simple sounds like a Ibanez Strat with a Handle cut out of it and I have been in studios with his settup and no one sounded any bettter... in fact his rig stayed off

I apologize to anyone that spent their hard earned money on that guitar on a positive note I know they have good action good pups and a useful (throwing )carrying handle. ( and I play

a BC Rich even more hated than that!).... Neil Yong, Jimmy Page? Tone monsters!

I agree his tone is too processed as it Satch imo.

• Members

PRince has the worst tone of all men, when playing live the last 15-20 years using those stoopid plasic clouds and big key shaped geetars, processed through all the {censored} you could imagine. See RAVE un2 the year 2000 millenium gig. OUCH! Great gig though and great playing other than that.

He sounds great with a tele though !

• Members

Give Steve Vai PRS straight into a Matchless and his tone would be the most improved, he is such a great guitarist but some times it sounds like he is playing rubber bands on plywood (other times it simple sounds like a Ibanez Strat with a Handle cut out of it and I have been in studios with his settup and no one sounded any bettter... in fact his rig stayed off

I apologize to anyone that spent their hard earned money on that guitar on a positive note I know they have good action good pups and a useful (throwing )carrying handle. ( and I play

a BC Rich even more hated than that!).... Neil Yong, Jimmy Page? Tone monsters!

Fill in the Punctuation

This is an exercise in correcting a piece of text which has no punctuation. The children will need to know what the different types of punctation are, and when to use them before carrying out this activity.

The text can be found here, and you are welcome to print and photocopy it for use in the classroom.

The children should rewrite the text in their books making sure that they include the correct punctuation. The following pieces of punctuation need to be used:

Capital letter, new paragraph, full stop, commas, question marks, speech marks, exclamation marks

A young boy has written this story, but he does not know about punctuation.

Can you put in the capital letters, full-stops, commas, question marks, exclamation marks and speech marks for him?

morris the martian was flying around the solar system one day when he saw a strange light in front of him

what is that he thought to himself morris was scared but he flew a little bit closer so that he could see it better

hello he called out there was no reply hello is anyone there he called but again there was no reply suddenly a creature appeared in front of the light

boo it shouted poor morris was really scared and he flew off home and hid under his bed

Archived