Maestro Guitars?

Spirithawk

• Members

Yep,. Baldwin, and Epoch, were the brands they were originally marketed under. The Maestros we have, are sold thru Amazon, and start around the 250 mark. but you have to dig deep for them. Here's one of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Hollow-body-Maple-wood/dp/B00ISFGI0K/ref=sr_1_8?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1407792145&sr=1-8&keywords=Maestro+guitar

• Members
Maestro existed long, long before Norlin, they just inherited it. Maestro was launched by Gibson in the '50's (IIRC). You'll find '50's and '60's Maestros amps, the Echoplex, and, of course, this bad boy in 1962 launched a whole collection of effects. And gave the Rolling Stones the signature tone for their signature song.

00001475.jpg

Yep. I've seen many of the original pre-Norlin Maestro Fuzztones (usually in ratty condition) and have played through a couple.

I bought a Maestro Fuzztone reissue from MusicYo during their liquidation about 10 years ago.

• Members
I still have my parametric filter overdrive unit. Wasnt cheap then and they're worth a mint now.

My buddy had the fuzztain which sounded real kick ass.

I believe its was a compression overdrive combination. It had a litte big muff tone but much better drive tone.

The boards all has glass caps and plug in op amps. All highest quality parts inside.

I had the chance to buy those Maestro effects units, but never the money. Evans Music City on Westheimer used to carry Maestro effects back in the '70s. I ended up buying a MuTron Phasor, A/DA Flanger, and a Morley FuzzWah from Evans -- all of which I still have.

Actually, I bought a *used* but like-new Maestro Stage Phaser around 1980 or '81. I still have it. Unfortunately, it sounds a bit hiss-y these days.

I recall fiddling around with the Maestro Fuzzstain and the Parametric Filter in the late '70s and really liking the sound and control capabilities of those units. Unfortunately, they were too expensive. I'm pretty sure by the early 1980s, they were no longer in production.

• Members

Yep. I've seen many of the original pre-Norlin Maestro Fuzztones (usually in ratty condition) and have played through a couple.

I bought a Maestro Fuzztone reissue from MusicYo during their liquidation about 10 years ago.

I sold my Maestro FZ-1A on eBay this year for $330.00. I advertised it as not working, which it had not for years, and the guy in Germany that bought it was estatic when he got it.

Go figure. Six months after I bought it in 1969, used, a buddy got a Jordan BossTone and I was envious as hell. Bought one of those and the Maestro sat in the closet for over 40 years.

• Members

I sold my Maestro FZ-1A on eBay this year for $330.00. I advertised it as not working, which it had not for years, and the guy in Germany that bought it was estatic when he got it.

Go figure. Six months after I bought it in 1969, used, a buddy got a Jordan BossTone and I was envious as hell. Bought one of those and the Maestro sat in the closet for over 40 years.

If your chassis was mechanically sound and wasn't scratched up, it would be worth a decent amount to a pedal collector. The germanium transistors were susceptible to failure from humidity if the can had a microscopic leak to the outside atmosphere.

Archived