Your Dreams

Phait

• Members

I've had all kinds of crazy dreams, none of which I can recall off hand except for the occasional typical; I'm in class or at the store etc. and suddenly realize I'm in my underwear.

I do recall being able to do what I can only refer to as astral projection. I had to have been in 6th grade because the only time I could make it happen was while we lived in this particular house a few miles outside of the town we'd recently moved to. At night it was deathly quiet, different from anywhere I've lived before or since. I can only describe it as being able to leave my body, 'float' up to the ceiling and look down upon myself. I remember being aware that I could fly right out the window if I'd wanted to but I didn't because I had a fear I would not be able to return.

Was it real or was I dreaming? I can't honestly say, it's been so long ago but I've never forgotten it and I've always remembered it as being real. I'd never been able to do it before that and within a year or so we'd relocated to a house in town and I could never do it again no matter how hard I tried. I think the deathly silence was really key to it.

• Members

Ever have a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Why am I the only one who has that dream?

Because most of us have it with the women throwing olives at us. Pickles? Something Freudian about that!! :)

• Members

Ever woken up from a dream laughing?

I have a few times - this one I had when I was a high school kid -

Again as in so many dreams I have, I dream yet again that I'm asleep in bed. Dark, silent, shadowy. And this figure slides in the bedroom door - a tall silhouette of a cloaked man, he moves slowly closer and closer to me in the bed. I'm frozen still, but my eyes are open, and a slow terror builds as he approaches, leans slightly towards me...it's DRACULA!...he slowly reaches with his hand, pulls open his cloak and intones with a deep voice,

"Have a Mars Bar!", holding out a candy bar towards me.

I woke up laughing. I told all my friends later - they laughed too. Only many years later, after having read too much Freud et al, did it occur to me there were perhaps some troubling, discomfiting suggestions in that dream....suggestions that I will now return to their appropriately suppressed dungeon deep in my head somewhere:facepalm:

nat whilk ii

• 2 months later...
  • Members

We are a group of, um, very interesting people here!

;)

My recurring dream involves hauling gear and speakers and amps and getting a stage set up to play... unfortunately, I never actually get to play, and sometimes I have to break down the stage before I mercifully awaken. I'm always exhausted the next day.

:freak:

The latest just-plain-weird dream found my wife and I driving on the Florida Turnpike before they replaced the toll booths with the automated camera/Sunpass billing system they use now. She was driving, and she dropped a coin that was supposed to go in the bucket and got into an argument with the toll collector. I got out of the car to pick up the dropped coin, and she just drove off and left me standing there. Luckily, I woke up before I had to walk all the way back to the Keys!

Dreams are funny things...

• Members

I think I've finally outgrown my semi-annual tornado nightmare; damned Wizard of Oz;)

I have a recurring dream where I've gone back to college (Shippensburg U in Pa.) It's the first day of classes and I don't have my class schedule, so I'm in a panic and can't find the admin building to get help. Campus never looks like it did and I always wind up driving somewhere strange. Usually wake up in a panic with an urgent sense of deja vu. Probably because, being a great procrastinator, it isn't that far from reality.
:lol:

I'll probably have it tonight, since I mentioned it.

I have this dream also (different school though).

• Members

Very seldom do I remember my dreams. Or have any memory of sleeping.

What I mean is I'm an occasional sleepwalker, and never have recollection of it.

Often wake up with strange bruises and scratches.

Once I flipped over all my living room furniture.

another time I created a barracade in my bedroom with the dresser.

These two were the most recent events, this past year.

The worst incident though was when I was about 10 years old, I walked to my grandma's house and then laid on her couch about 1/4 mile away.

• Members

I've done some sleep driving. :facepalm:

Had another guitar dream. I was in a music store, just picked up an acoustic guitar and walked up to the counter to buy it.

In the first dream I was playing an old tune I made up after high school on an acoustic at night by the side of a road.

What next, synths? :cool:

• Members

I keep dreaming I wake up, only to find I only dreamed I woke up. Sometimes it happens twice before I really wake up, so honestly I'm not even sure if I've ever woken up or if this whole thing is a dream.

• Members

I keep dreaming I wake up, only to find I only dreamed I woke up. Sometimes it happens twice before I really wake up, so honestly I'm not even sure if I've ever woken up or if this whole thing is a dream.

That's never happened to me. I've heard the question posed "what if this reality is a dream?".

* When I dream I never reflect on this reality, however I do recall a lot of dreams in this one.

* This reality is pretty much the same most of the time, same places, same cast of characters, and so on. In dreams the setting and people are always different, and things really get twisted around.

* I've also been through things in dreams that would've painfully killed me in this reality or just plain impossible stuff like flying without an airplane, just jump up and take off.

* In dreams I've met up with people that have died.

* In dreams I've yet to watch TV, listen to the radio, or surf the internet or use a PC of some type.

* I've had recurring dreams(sometimes years apart), never a recurring reality.

Archived