Something I had done to a Gretsch Electromatic for the Sh**s and grins of it.

thesinner66

• Members

I literally typed in my hometown and "pinstriping" and found a guy who just does it as a hobby and is still learning (but had some very impressive work for someone who has only done it for a year.)

I asked him if he'd be interested in trying to do his thing on a guitar and he went for it. I only told him the colors and said "Well I dunno, maybe incorporate the Punisher logo." and he went to town. A few days later I get this!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336209[/ATTACH]attachment.php?attachmentid=336209&d=130

• Members

Geez, that is some score right there. Looks great!
:thu:

He's not a guy that's trying to make a living off of it. He's a hobbyist who genuinely loves doing it and was running out of stuff to do in the house to work with! He even did the door of his dryer for {censored}s and grins! But he told me "Dude...I'm doing this for the art of it. I've never painted on a guitar before and I was up for a new challenge."

• Members

He's not a guy that's trying to make a living off of it. He's a hobbyist who genuinely loves doing it and was running out of stuff to do in the house to work with! He even did the door of his dryer for {censored}s and grins! But he told me "Dude...I'm doing this for the art of it. I've never
painted
on a guitar before and I was up for a new challenge."

looks great. I thought it was tape at 1st. What kind of paint ?

• Members

http://www.tcpglobal.com/pinstriperdepot/psdoneshot.aspx?gclid=CKOug9vxzKkCFYS8Kgod2QfbNw

This stuff here. Apparently it's the same stuff one would use to touch up a vehicle or do pinstriping on a vehichle. Apparently he had some issues of getting the regular oils from cleaners that I use on the body. He actually sprayed the Punisher logo on w/ an airbrush and it actually kind of looks like chrome in person.

• Members

Any tips on keeping the striping on the guitar? I haven't had any problems yet, but just in case!

The guy that striped my 5120 said it was eventually going to show wear and I should just bring it back for a touch up. I asked him about clear coat and he wasn't in favor of it.

That said I've had my stripes for about three years and they show no signs of wear.

P.S.

I like the Punisher skull.

P.P.S.

Here's the guy that did mine.

http://www.tomcatsbarbershop.com/artwork-by-alex13/

Archived