PNGD Pics. Framus Nashville Standard, Taranaki P-Type TK, Squier '51 Mod

ArKay

• Members

Here are pics of 2 guitars I have acquired during the last year and not posted yet, and of a '51 mod I have finished after 3 years or more.

First is an old Framus I had been wanting to get since I had first seen it a couple of years ago. It's a 74/75 Nashville Standard, somewhat of an odd guitar. My only German guitar as well. It's in pretty good shape for its age, but in need of a fret level since the low strings buzz a lot.

nashville_std_dlx_01.jpg

nashville_std_dlx_02.jpg

nashville_std_dlx_03.jpg

nashville_std_dlx_04.jpg

nashville_std_dlx_06.jpg

nashville_std_dlx_07.jpg

nashville_std_dlx_09.jpg

nashville_std_dlx_10.jpg

nashville_std_dlx_12.jpg

nashville_std_dlx_13.jpg

• Members

Next is a Taranaki guitar. Made in Korea, equipped a TremKing vibrato and 3 P90s. It's one of the last ones produced. I had made a thread for a friend asking for opinions on the design a couple of years ago and this was the end result. It had looked a lot different originally.

ptype_tk_01.jpg

ptype_tk_02.jpg

ptype_tk_03.jpg

ptype_tk_04.jpg

ptype_tk_05.jpg

ptype_tk_06.jpg

ptype_tk_08.jpg

ptype_tk_10.jpg

ptype_tk_11.jpg

ptype_tk_12.jpg

• Members

And this is my finished Squier '51. I installed a string-thru humbucker bridge and routed the neck pickup for a Burns Tri-Sonic. I had to make a Tri-Sonic routing template first which took me 2 attempts.

51_01.jpg

51_02.jpg

51_03.jpg

51_04.jpg

51_05.jpg

51_06.jpg

51_07.jpg

• Members

Cool pics.

My first guitar is a Framus

circa 1966

Framus.jpg

My dad picked it up for me back then while TDY in Germany.

That's very sweet :thu:

They have a guitar museum in Markneukirchen (this city is renowned for violin making), http://www.framus-vintage.de/

At MusikMesse in Frankfurt they exhibit a few of their old models every year.

010_Framus1.jpg

010_Framus2.jpg

• Members

The Nashville is a solidbody verson of a Akkerman Framus same pickups and selector switch.

I found good info on how the 6-way switch works on that Akkerman Page, thanks :thu:

From http://www.framus-vintage.de/modules/news/NewsSingle.php?typname=NEWS_VINTAGE&id=1164&katID=4986&cl=EN

One of the biggest projects realised by Framus in its history, is tied to the buzz-word

• Members

Yes thats the one. Also that pic with Peter Green and those fingernails. I saw him in the late 90's and one of the most Damaged Human being I've ever seen, what a waste of talent.

I hadn't noticed the Nosferatu fingers... I read that the had one of those guitars so I went hunting for pics and found those two.

Anyway, Framus did some kind of modified reissue of that model and got sued by the artist. So they renamed it to AK-1974.

Framus-AK1974.jpg

• Members

BTW, thanks all :wave:

Love the new guitars. Congrats.

I bet that 51 sounds sweet.

Well done
:thu:

Still need to install a proper 3-way switch, I didn't have one so it still has the stock rotary switch. Those 2 pickups work together nicely. :thu:

• Members

Still need to install a proper 3-way switch, I didn't have one so it still has the stock rotary switch. Those 2 pickups work together nicely.
:thu:

Regarding getting a true 3-way switch in your '51: here's a link for the Ian Rich Control plate.

http://shop.seeker.co.nz/51/51_chrome.aspx

It'll take a slight bit of routing, but you can use a standard 3-way Tele switch with it, and convert the old pickup selector into a Tone knob. I have one each in both of my '51's.

Very nice job on all of these guitars, as well. How do you like the Trem-King?

• Members

Regarding getting a true 3-way switch in your '51: here's a link for the Ian Rich Control plate.

http://shop.seeker.co.nz/51/51_chrome.aspx

It'll take a slight bit of routing, but you can use a standard 3-way Tele switch with it, and convert the old pickup selector into a Tone knob. I have one each in both of my '51's.

Very nice job on all of these guitars, as well. How do you like the Trem-King?

That's a cool control plate, thanks! :thu:

That Taranaki was the last guitar in stock and it was sold as a blem, it came with only 1 spring and standard strat springs don't fit. The seller sent me 2 springs he had lying around, but neither fit. At least it stays in tune when I don't use it.

I may try to contact the Trem King guys one day and ask if they carry replacement parts.

Archived