OSP= Ornery Skull Picture:evil:

OSP= Oscar Schmitt Pwned

or possibly...

OSP= One Second Penetration:love: :eek::bor:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The OSP guitar descriptions say that the lefty LP copies have a basswood body, and that among other things will give the guitar a completely different vibe than the Agile. OSP may be a very nice guitar - but it's apples/oranges compared to Agile... just like it's apples/oranges when comparing Agile to Gibson.

• Members

Originally posted by Leftty

Anyone who says he can tell the difference between a made in china guitar and a made in korea guitar by simply looking at the guitar is talking out his ass.

Actually, THIS is where it became a smack thread.

But never mind that.

You'll note that I never said Chinese guitars couldn't be good. I did mention that it was fair to compare a Chinese guitar to a line of guitars made in China, rather than Korea, simply because it MADE SENSE to do so. Seems to have thrown you, so sorry about that.

Larry

• Members

Originally posted by Leftty

Hey dysfunction sorry it was a bad day for me. I never meant to be nasty about things. Like I said bad day read the post then I went off a little, sorry about that.

It's cool, you probably are more experienced than I anyway. That said, I cannot tell the difference- at all- in sustain between two cheap set neck, mahogany-bodied guitars, and no major differences between a set-neck, mahogany body Agile and a bolt-on, alder/mahogany Epiphone.

• Members

Originally posted by espgold

Just wondering...

OSP = Off Shore Production:confused:

OSP= Orientals Showing Progress

OSP= Only Shitty Plywood

OSP= Owns Strats and Pauls:eek:

OSP= One Sum Pussy:p

OSP= Oppressive Slavery Practices

OSP= Ornery Skull Picture:evil:

OSP= Oscar Schmitt Pwned

or possibly...

OSP= One Second Penetration:love:
:eek::bor:

I was checking out their line. Some nice models. I liked the hollow PRS copy in particular. But most of their guitars are lefties.

So maybe...

OSP = Only SouthPaws?

• Members

Hey Larry like I told dysfunction bad day for me and I am sorry. I just do not think it is right for people to assume that made in China or Korea or anywhere else automatically means garbage or great. I have dealt with manufacturing for many years and in many different countries. I have found that there are good workers and bad workers everywhere. I have had American made guitars that were a piece of {censored} and at the same time I have had guitars made in China that were great. I just don

• Members

I'm restraining myself from laughing out loud at the thought of "Made in Korea" vs. "Made in China" snobbery.

If a guitar made in Korea is any better than one made in China, then a guitar made in Japan or America must be. . . :rolleyes: I think it would be a lot safer for everyone involved if we all just stuck with the "If it's working for you and you feel you paid a fair price, that's great!" philosophy. Anyone with a house full of Agiles should probably not get into an argument about quality correlated to country of origin.

• Members

Originally posted by headpiecepuzzle

I'm restraining myself from laughing out loud at the thought of "Made in Korea" vs. "Made in China" snobbery... Anyone with a house full of Agiles should probably
not
get into an argument about quality correlated to country of origin.

Hahaha... point taken!

• Members

You would think by now that the whole "Made in Wherever" thing would be over. After all, China makes Eastmans that are as good as most of the jazz boxes made in the US by Gibson. Parker is making a line in Korea as good as almost anything being made in California, and Sadowski is farming out work to Japan.

The days of assessing quality by country of origin are over. There's enough crap coming out of the US to prove that.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the discussion on OSP. Just to set the record straight, OSP (could) stand for "Original Sigler Products". We have a chain of music stores in Arkansas and started OSP as a house brand of products. We have been in the retail music business for over 50 years (I have been in retail for 29 years myself.....man, I'm getting old!), and have seen trends come and go.

I trust that you will have a good experience with the OSP products. If, however, you are not happy with your purchase, call us and we will take care of it for you.

Should you have any questions, and want a "straight from the horse's mouth" answer, email me directly at cward@siglermusic.com.

• Members

Thanks for posting Chris.

What is your return policy? If I don't like the guitar for whatever reason, can I send it back for a full refund, or is there some bullsh** restocking fee of 800%? The reason everyone seems to love Kurt at Rondo around here is because of the no hassle return policy.

• Members

Hello:

It is really simple: If you are not satisfied, we will refund your money.

We are real people, just like you, who are just trying to carve our our little spot in the world......we will treat you right.

Check our eBay feedback and you will see that we are able to please just about everyone.

Call us anytime at 1-800-281-6607, or email me and I will hook you up.

• Members

I don't believe in excuses, so I will just say that there is no excuse for the kind of experience he had. We totally dropped the ball. The bad things happened over Spring Break, and we had some of our most experienced people out of the office. Someone shipped a guitar that had NOT been prepped (though it was "inspected" in China....that doesn't mean much!!) by an American guitar tech. Then, when the guitar arrived at the customer's home, things went south.

We obviously had some sort of email difficulty, because we are usually really good with our emails. Who knows.....spam filter caught it, servers acting up, or it just got misplaced. I really hate the fact that one of our customers had trouble getting a problem resolved. I hope you believe that it really does bother us.

We serve more than 1800 eBay customers a month. Every now and then things go wrong. The good news is that at any time during business hours you can call 1-800-281-6607 and talk to Randy McFarland, the owner of the company, or me, Chris Ward, the GM. You can also email us directly at cward@siglermusic.com or rmcfarland@siglermusic.com. We will reply promptly.

We strive to get better every day. Give us a shot!

Archived