OSP guitars???Giving Agile a run...

espgold

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by mateo150

I ordered the semi-hollow one with the tailpiece, It'll be here on Thursday. I bought an agile this past weekend as well, gonna see whats better out of the two.

Be sure to post back and let us know what you think :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Originally posted by keNz

The videos they post on their ebay auctions are a really nice touch! I might buy a bass from them.

Absolutely, and from Chris's manner his ability to deal with customers seems to far outweigh Kurts single word answers to complex questions. That Thinline is a lovely guitar at $159 with a case. But still only shipping within CONUS Chris?

• Members

Thanks for the question. I just spoke with Randy (who handles all of our listings) and he said that we could ship to the UK for $65, no problem.

I am not sure why we don't indicate that fact on the listing. If you would like to place a direct order for one of the instruments, just call Randy or me at 1-800-281-6607 M-F 9-5 CST.

Hope this helps!

Chris Ward

• Members

That is one of our more popular models. It is nicer than some of our others because it has Wilkinson hardware and pickups. In the video, Jimmy Darr in our Little Rock, AR store did a great job of showing the instrument's versatility and tone.

Thanks for posting the great pics. Give us a call at 1-800-281-6607 should you wish to try one out!

Chris Ward

• 1 year later...
  • Members

WAIT A MINUTE! As for them given Agile (Rondo Music) a run for their money, I don't think so. I got the AE-301 in green. Fast shipping, got it in a couple of days.

Next the finish didn't look to bad on first quick inspection, nice thick neck. Took it to my local setup guy who no sooner than he could remove it from the case said, 'man look at these frets they are not straight"!

I could see at least three frets that were badly crocked right off the bat. And he started to point out more bad frets, some where around nine that were crocked (curved) or were installed at an angle.

Now I have had to send a least two guitars back to Rondo with no problem and was refunded up to what it cost them to ship the guitar to me, which I had no problem with and have continued to purchase guitars from them.

Contacted Sigler Music who said that they would refund me, but not for the return shipping on the guitar. I clearly explained to them the problem and they understood.

They offer to send me another, but what if that one was screwed up and I had to return it, that would have put me another $25.00 or so in the hole to ship it back to them. I have not left them feedback even though they have left positve feedback for me. And have wondering should I go negative or just forget about it.:cry::confused:

Click on the link below to see a simular model, I had the green one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/OSP-AE-301-H-S-S-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-NO-RESERVE-34_W0QQitemZ110179866673QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

Whoa! Wish I'd seen this thread when it originally started - giving Agile a run for their money - I doubt it!
I bought one of their strat copies earlier this year - what a total piece of {censored}!!! And that free case - again, a total piece of {censored}!
And they didn't even send the whammy bar - brand new guitar and it didn't even have all the parts. I did contact them, got no response.
If anyone got a good OSP guitar, it was no doubt an accident. I read some reviews of these in the Agile forum as well, same thing as reported by Old Rookie - crooked frets seem to be one of their biggest problems.
Anyone thinking about an OSP because it seems like such a good deal with a case too - believe me, this is one time when "too good to be true" applies - skip it, forget it, it's pure 100% crap!

• Members

My local shop sells OSP. Sigler Music. Man, every one I have picked up has played terrible. Could be a set up or lack of one but I am not impressed. I was excited because they stock tons of lefties but I could not find any that played well. they are nice looking guitars.

• Members

Yeah, and it's pretty telling that Chris Ward bailed when it turned bad, isn''t it?

Hopefully, he's giving hell to whoever was in charge of QC. There's no excuse for selling shoddy gear in the US when there are quality factories in Asia. What it takes, however, is a stateside distributor/reseller who can maintain high standards by sending the junk back.

Like I said: Eastman, Sadowsky, PRS, Parker , Raven West and Agile have shown the way.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I own a LP stencil OSP and after changing out the bridge nut and pickups (giovanni). It is better than my epiphone LP standard, playability and tone . (both are identical in weight at 8.8 lbs) Yes, it really had to be setup, truss rod adjustment..intonation (required a new bridge) and a new nut. stock plastic nut was stupid.. stings were a full 1/8 inch off the fret board, impossible to barr chord...replaced with a tusq and now its great...When it comes to LP style guitars, my Agile 3000 is my #1 the OSP #2 (decent LP lefties are a bit harder to acquire) If you are willing to put the time and money into the OSP LP copy.. it is one fine guitar.. ;)

Agile AL-3000
other NON-LP lefty guitars 2 strats 1 MIM the other Tex-mex
Epiphone G-400 (seymour duncans)

• Members
I own a LP stencil OSP and after changing out the bridge nut and pickups (giovanni). It is better than my epiphone LP standard, playability and tone . (both are identical in weight at 8.8 lbs) Yes, it really had to be setup, truss rod adjustment..intonation (required a new bridge) and a new nut. stock plastic nut was stupid.. stings were a full 1/8 inch off the fret board, impossible to barr chord...replaced with a tusq and now its great...When it comes to LP style guitars, my Agile 3000 is my #1 the OSP #2 (decent LP lefties are a bit harder to acquire) If you are willing to put the time and money into the OSP LP copy.. it is one fine guitar..

other NON-LP lefty guitars 2 strats 1 MIM the other Tex-mex

Epiphone G-400 (seymour duncans)

since you resurrected a 5 year old dead thread, how about some pics? :cop:

Archived