NGD: 350 dollar gibson day!

metal0822

• Members

LOVELY!!!! $350??? Man, everyone is getting great deals lately... buyer's market!

Is... is that a passive EMG? If so, what's that like?!?

As far as the pickguard goes, if it were me, I'd just go white. Perhaps even white pearloid. :idk: Not really the vibe you want, but that's me.

What a score though, very nice indeed. You'd be silly not to hit that for chree fitty. HNGD!!!!!!!!!

• Members

thanks everyone...but no boobs? goth boobs?

:thu:

450hempfest_gh_coverup.jpg

HAPPY NEW GUITAR!

Yeah, I think a red stripe in the pg would look cool, but B/W/B I think would look better. But I'd leave it as is to preserve its dark goth character.

• Members

the passive emg is actually surprising me. the moment i saw the guitar i was like well its gonna need a new bridge pickup, but i really cant find a problem with its sound. i guess i just figured because i always see them on low end jacksons that they are just cheap, but i realized those dont have the adjustable poles. maybe this is a higher end model or something? or are they all just cheap emg look alikes?

• Members

Sweet deal on a great guitar, HNGD!

As for your pickup question, I gigged an Explorer pretty regularly back in '03/'04. It had the stock 500t PU in the bridge, and I never saw the need to change it. A lot of people think the ceramic HBs are pretty shrill and lack warmth, but the giant slab of mahogany in the Explorer makes up for that in my opinion. I thought they were a great match. It also pushed my Orange head pretty well. Then again, if there's no reason to fault the EMG, it may be worth keeping!

Archived