A collab with GreatDane! (Django style clip inside)

Jkater

• Members

GreatDane plays the main guitar solo and the guy is just brillant! It was such a pleasure to do this with GD. The quickness with which he learned this solo is flabbergasting. And he went beyond, adding nice little twists of his own.

I play the accompaniement (two comping guitars and the bass) and added a short mandolin solo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow GD and Richard that was fantastic. What was the reason for you guys to decide to do the collaboration and why this song (just cause I'm curious cause I'm pretty sure you don't live near each other though I might be wrong)

you both have mad skills thanks for posting that! :thu: :thu:

• Members

thank you for listening and commenting, guys~ it's greatly appreciated! i had a blast interacting with Jkater on this, and hope to do it again in the future.

that sounded great!

what guitars were used on the recording?

thank you! I'll let J cover his side of things, but for me it was very simple and basic. I did two takes and kept the second one. Martin D35 into a Rhode NT1 microphone into a BLA Auteur preamp into Logic. i dropped the mids slightly, added a bit of compression and then brought in some reverb to finish it off.

wMartinD35-003.jpg

• Members

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

I used the Heritage H575 through PODHD for the rhythm guitars, my Dan Armstrong short scale bass through a DI box into mixer and my Samick mandolin with a Rode M3 microphone. Recording software is Mackie Tracktion 2.

H575incase.jpg

Ampegbassguitar.jpg

Myirishband-1.jpg

• Members

Wow GD and Richard that was fantastic. What was the reason for you guys to decide to do the collaboration and why this song (just cause I'm curious cause I'm pretty sure you don't live near each other though I might be wrong)

you both have mad skills thanks for posting that!
:thu:

Thanks, Nukey. Well, as you know, internet has made distances virtually meaningless. I am working anew on a collab that is very special to me and that one is happening down under so that's even further. :)

• Members

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

I used the Heritage H575 through PODHD for the rhythm guitars, my Dan Armstrong short scale bass through a DI box into mixer and my Samick mandolin with a Rode M3 microphone. Recording software is Mackie Tracktion 2.

H575incase.jpg
Ampegbassguitar.jpg
Myirishband-1.jpg

Archived