A collab with GreatDane! (Django style clip inside)

Jkater

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks, Nukey. Well, as you know, internet has made distances
virtually
meaningless. I am working anew on a collab that is very special to me and that one is happening
down under
so that's even further.
:)

True enough though it's always of some interest to me how folk hook up..

I think I can guess who the collab in the works is :idea:

• Members

Wow! Fantastic work on that Jkater and GD, really great stuff.

thank you, S_O! i really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. it was a blast working with Jkater- capable, professional and humble. a winning combination.

• Members

I can't tell who played what but you guys sound great, really got that Django feel goin. And thx for spreading the gospel according to Django, one of the greatest, most creative guitarists that ever lived. Got to see and talk to this guy a few years ago and it was an absolute joy:

[YOUTUBE]6Tm5Ikl1AXw[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Thanks fretmonster. GD plays the lead, I play the comping and added some mandolin.

Regarding the vid. It's nice and has lots of energy. I wouldn't call that Django style, though (in spite of the guitars used). More of a Gypsy "folkloric" style, I would say. Nice nonetheless. :thu:

• Members

Thanks fretmonster. GD plays the lead, I play the comping and added some mandolin.

Regarding the vid. It's nice and has lots of energy. I wouldn't call that Django style, though (in spite of the guitars used). More of a Gypsy "folkloric" style, I would say. Nice nonetheless.
:thu:

Fair enough, the band has branched out a bit in the Gypsy Jazz vein. This one is more in the style of Reinhardt and Grappeli. Did I mention you guys could use a fiddle player?

[YOUTUBE]60VCkKtrw0k&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Archived