Thoughts or Fans around here for "The Brian Jonestown Massacre" ?

GAS Man

• Members

[video=youtube;kiBTLsS8yvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiBTLsS8yvo&feature=fvst

There are other videos, like live versions, of that song on YT, but I thought that one might cause a few more to linger. ;)

Few more random samples of BJM:

[video=youtube;OzoI0l0fRCY]

[video=youtube;yXN4D0Q3gBw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXN4D0Q3gBw

[video=youtube;tWQVbxjVLaI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWQVbxjVLaI

[video=youtube;7HtRCimrNkQ]

I'm thinking I'm about to go on a BJM catalog spree.

So far I'm thinking about getting:

Their Satanic Majesties' Second Request

Take It From the Man &

Methodrone

What do you guys think about this stuff??

• Members

There are other videos, like live versions, of that song on YT, but I thought that one might cause a few more to linger.
;)

I'm thinking I'm about to go on a BJM catalog spree.

So far I'm thinking about getting:

Their Satanic Majesties' Second Request

Take It From the Man &

Methodrone

What do you guys think about this stuff??

Lulz

Tried some. It does not suck :o

• Members

Newcombe is a racist piece of {censored} of a human being...but I have to say he's also a talented mother {censored}er. I've got all their albums and yeah...they are very good. I don't think they (he...cause really A.N. IS the BJM) are the "geniuses" that their fans and the critics make them out to be.....for the simple reason they sound TOO much like their influences.

But if you love that kind of music (stonesish 60's, etc)....then BJM gives you a new fix of that type of music, and they do it well.

• Members

But if you love that kind of music (stones-ish 60's, etc)....then BJM gives you a new fix of that type of music, and they do it well.

Yes, I was indeed just looking for a newer take on that type of "fix" since I grew up in my teen years listening to 60s early 70s music much like that. I did watch the film "Dig" a few years back, but recently they popped back into my thoughts again and I remembered that I never did pursue getting any of their recordings.

• Members

Yes, I was indeed just looking for a newer take on that type of "fix" since I grew up in my teen years listening to 60s early 70s music much like that. I did watch the film "Dig" a few years back, but recently they popped back into my thoughts again and I remembered that I never did pursue getting any of their recordings.

steal them.....that scumbag doesn't deserve a dime...

• Members

I haven't heard a thing about his personal views/comments/ or "tude".
:confused:
I just picked up from the docu-movie that he was a bit of a junkie monkey.

Yeah..Dig was an awesome movie but it's pretty old.

I don't follow him THAT closely but since that movie he's kind of spiraled out of control. As you saw in the movie he got a reputation for getting into it with fans during shows right....well apparently it's still the case. But it's supposedly gotten even worse because now fans will go to shows JUST to see him lose it...lol. And of course that means there are people there who purposely try to provoke him. And it works. Youtube some of it if your interested. He just goes off with some of the most racist {censored} you've ever heard....calling everyone in site the "n" word or "fa...".... whatever...it's pretty embarrassing.

So yeah...I know he probably takes a lot of {censored} from people just because they can fling it at him, and that's uncalled for. But at the same time it certainly has exposed him for being a royal ****.

Do a search for "Anton Newcombe vs. Vancouver" on youtube....lol.....sad.

• Members

YEa man!! i must have started 3 or 4 BJM threads... they are one of my fave post 60s vibe kinda bands... the thing that is so cool about them is that Anton is so volatile. abrasive, schizophrenic.. yea probly.. and the fact that he is a musical genius., .. who just never got the big break.. google dig.. im pretty sure is free to watch out here somewhere.. too bad they flew under every ones radar... real tortured artist kinda stuff...

yep.. :thu: BJM

• Members

I haven't heard a thing about his personal views/comments/ or "tude".
:confused:
I just picked up from the docu-movie that he was a bit of a junkie monkey.

I've certainly never met the man and I'm usually not one to unfairly condemn anyone, but he seems to have some pretty severe anger issues which often manifest themselves against his fans.

Of course, over the last 10 years or so, there's probably a good number of fans that show up with the full expectation of seeing something ugly so... co-dependence rears its ugly head once again. :lol:

Point is, the guy is obviously very talented... in my opinion anyway.

Archived