NGD - El Cheapo

Spirithawk

• Members

I was slumming in the local pawn shop today and ran across this Strat copy. Nothing expensive. Picked it up and liked the feel. He wanted $60 but took $50 out the door. Bought it just as something to toy with and maybe pass on to a grandkid. Got it home, tuned it, plugged it in and am quite impressed. With a good set up this has real potential! It's a fun little guitar. Neck's not bad at all, in fact I realy like it. Sounds much better than I expected too and reviews I read say the Aria is much better than the average Squire. Don't know about that but I do know I'll have lots of fun with this little gem. It has one little chip in the finish but otherwise like new. NGD and I've still got money in my wallet. Nothin wrong with that! ;)

Aria STG Series Strat

Solid alder body, maple bolt on neck, 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard, 3 single coil pick-ups, 5 position switch, floating tremolo bridge, 1 volume and two tone controls, chrome hardware.

MVC-049S-1.jpg

MVC-048S-2.jpg

MVC-051S-1.jpg

MVC-047S-2.jpg

• Members

OMG No brainer for $50. I think some of the Squiers can be pretty good quality. I played a Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster, and a Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster today back to back. I thought the Squier had better build quality - so I bought it. Ha. Anyway - HNGD 3 paws up from Lamb Chop. She likes blue.

LAMBCHOP.JPG

• Members

My first guitar was an Aria Strat copy. It was great until the electronics totally crapped out and the frets got too dented - after one year! Maybe I just played too much. Anyway, with new frets and completely new electronics, my old guitar could actually be something.

Oh, and the finish is worth the price of admission alone. Nice score!

• Members
My first guitar was an Aria Strat copy. It was great until the electronics totally crapped out and the frets got too dented - after one year! Maybe I just played too much. Anyway, with new frets and completely new electronics, my old guitar could actually be something.

Oh, and the finish is worth the price of admission alone. Nice score!

Intead of getting a fret job for the old neck, you should get a Mighty Mite neck for it (if it'll fit). That would be cheaper, and those Mighty Mite necks are great for the price.

• Members

Intead of getting a fret job for the old neck, you should get a Mighty Mite neck for it (if it'll fit). That would be cheaper, and those Mighty Mite necks are great for the price.

I've thought about it, but it's got that contoured neck pocket, where the plate is more of a trapezoid than a rectangle.

• Members
I've thought about it, but it's got that contoured neck pocket, where the plate is more of a trapezoid than a rectangle.

Yeah, that's the trouble with some of the cheaper Strat knock-offs, a replacement neck won't fit in the neck pocket because it isn't a standard shape.

• Members

I'm on a VA Pension so cheap has it's place with me. I had promised myself if I survived heart surgery I owed myself a Strat. Well, they decided the risk was more than the benifit, for now, but I still worried for 3 weeks and I'm still breathing so I figure I still owed myself a Strat. The body on this one is pretty darn nice and I love the color, as you can tell by my Les Paul. I figure I can keep my eyes open and get a replacement pickguard with decent pups and another neck all in due time. Just snatch them up when I find a good deal. Then I'll have my decent Strat, a bit personalised to boot, and the satisfaction of putting it together myself. Heck, can't let all you folks have all the fun modifying stuff. I wanna play too! In the mean time I'll have a ball playing the heck out of it as is. Win - Win situation in my book. Now I have a killer accoustic, a realy nice hollow-body, a very nice Les Paul and a cool Strat. Life is good!

Took a couple more pics. :)

MVC-061S-1.jpg

MVC-062S-3.jpg

Archived