NGD! Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro 50's Neck!

steveyoorock

• Members

After much thought and consideration, I got a 2011 Gibson Les Paul Tradtional Pro 50's profile!

After getting some advice from fellow forumites here, I visited a couple shops and played all the Les Pauls that were available. Out of all the ones I played, this one just seemed to hit the spot the best. The 50s neck feels nice in my hands and it sounds great acoustically and plugged in. :)

Managed to get it down to 1800 out the door. I've heard some people say they got their's down to even 1500 out the door, but I couldn't do it. haha

Took some quick snapshots with my phone camera..

this-1.jpg

this2-1.jpg

Oh, and can someone please tell me that this is normal... :confused:

IMG_0735-1.jpg

• Members

Except for in the 70's where the binding actually is the thickness of the maple cap. No maple to be seen in the cutaway there.

HNGD.
:)

And '80's and '90's.

The thin binding was the way Gibson did it from '52 to '60, when the single-cut LP was discontinued.

When they brought it back in '68, they moved to the thicker binding. With the exception of a very few vintage-spec models (the original early-'90's Classic and the Historic models), they used to thick binding almost everything until the early '00's (wasn't it 2001 when they did the big revision back to thin binding, smaller headstock and vintage-style tuners?)

Archived