Something special about Queen,

Guitarist+

• Members

Whenever you turn Queen on, no one goes "Turn that crap off!" like they might if you play something like Metallica or Cannibal Corpse. No matter what crowd you are in, everyone approves of Queen!

I have exactly the same experience! i get an almost 100% negative reaction across the board when i put RATT on :D

• Members

Queen had

1 - iconic front man

2 - original guitarist

3 - four good voices

4 - a solid rhythm section

5 - the ability to write complex and original material

6 - the ability to perform live what they did in the studio

7 - showmanship.

8 - continuity until Freddie passed away

9 - musicianship

10 - multiple higher education qualifications (I am kidding here)

A lot of reasons why people like them.

• Members

Queen had

1 - iconic front man

2 - original guitarist

3 - four good voices

7 - showmanship.

9 - musicianship

also, i think they are still the only band where every member wrote a #1 song.

• Members

Is this meant to bring out Queen haters because this place is famous for hating the greatest artist in history.I will say what I do not care to listen to much and that is the two jam packed greatest hits albums that are actually jammed packed with all hits and no filler. I have been into Queen since their first album and they were the first concert I ever saw with opening act Thin Lizzy in the Garden back in 76 which still stands as the best twin bill I have ever seen. I prefer to listen to a self made compilation CD of the harder side of Queen that the casual fan would most likely not even know with songs like-Ogre Battle, Brighton Rock, Stone Cold Crazy, Flick Of the Wrist, Lap of the Gods, Liar,Keep Yourself Alive, March of the Black Queen, Death on Two Legs, Prophet Song, Hammer to Fall,. For me Queen is in that category with that other {censored}ty band The Beatles.

• Members

Just to point out, they did not do all of Bohemian Rhapsody live, they left the stage during the operatic middle part, and they did all have some level of university education. Brian May recently got his PhD in (I believe) astrophysics. I saw them live twice in London back in the 70s/80s and they were simply awesome.

• Members

Is this meant to bring out Queen haters because this place is famous for hating the greatest artist in history.I will say what I do not care to listen to much and that is the two jam packed greatest hits albums that are actually jammed packed with all hits and no filler. I have been into Queen since their first album and they were the first concert I ever saw with opening act Thin Lizzy in the Garden back in 76 which still stands as the best twin bill I have ever seen. I prefer to listen to a self made compilation CD of the harder side of Queen that the casual fan would most likely not even know with songs like-Ogre Battle, Brighton Rock, Stone Cold Crazy, Flick Of the Wrist, Lap of the Gods, Liar,Keep Yourself Alive, March of the Black Queen, Death on Two Legs, Prophet Song, Hammer to Fall,. For me Queen is in that category with that other {censored}ty band The Beatles.

you pretty much just described me. First concert for me as well, and i do my own mixed cd's with the heavier stuff. I have never been into their radio stuff. Add in White Man, Tear It Up, The Hitman, Was It All Worth It, Tenement Funster, Millionaire Waltz, Innuendo, 39, Khashoggi's Ship etc. I think it's always been the Brian May/Roger Taylor side of Queen that really got me jumping.

• Members

Just to point out, they did not do all of Bohemian Rhapsody live, they left the stage during the operatic middle part, and they did all have some level of university education. Brian May recently got his PhD in (I believe) astrophysics. I saw them live twice in London back in the 70s/80s and they were simply awesome.

Not particularly referring to BR - just in general.

I know about the qualifications, both while they formed and recent - I was kidding about that being a reason to like them.

I also saw them when they did the University circuit with White Unicorn (whoever they were) at the turn of the 60s/70s.

Stand-out shows.

• Members

Well I grew up in South Brooklyn NY which was a jungle back in the day, and speaking honestly it would not be safe for someone openly gay back then to make it from one corner to the next. The strange thing was when Queen hit the stage at the Garden the night I saw them at 14 back in 76 and Freddy had on those leotards, held up a glass of champagne and said something like Hello Darlings I knew he was really gay as well as the whole Garden. But honestly no one seemed to give a rats ass and they tore it up.It never seemed to have any effect on that bands stature or popularity. I think fans of Judas Priest took it hard when Rob Halford came out, as they seemed dazed as if they were duped. I think even some band members were pissed though that is water under the bridge now. But just by the acts who played the Freddy Mercury tribute concert, were influenced, and big fans like Extreme, Metallica and who is a bigger homa phoebe than Axl Rose! Just went to show-Nothing really mattered.

• Members

plenty of Queen haters when/where I grew up. It was common to hear them referred to as a "fag" band, or that queen was for pussies. I still loved them though

Anyone who would be down on an artist just because of their sexual orientation doesn't hold any opinions worth considering.

"Queen is for pussies." Right. They made some of the heaviest rock of the 70s.

• Members

Queen had

1 - iconic front man

2 - original guitarist

3 - four good voices

7 - showmanship.

9 - musicianship

+ 1

Archived