Ugly Headstocks

danswon

• Members

Do you guys play guitar or worry about headstocks all day?

Play what? What do you mean?

How do you play guitar when you're sitting at the computer?

My WGS Retro 30 speaker doesn't arrive for a couple days... what am I supposed to do?! :p

I was gonna post the Floyd headstock, but I didn't have to because someone else did.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not that i consider myself particularly cool, but i wouldn't play one of those Taylor guitars onstage even if someone gave me one for free

I seem to remember a company selling a guitar that had a "thumbs up" headstock a few years back. Anyone have an idea which one i'm talking about? I think they had ads in Guitar World about 10 years ago

Taylor make some of the finest acoustics on the market, and their electrics arent too bad either. Tyler make superstrat variants. You would be quite fortunate to have one handed to you, they are played by quite a lot of studio aces on tour with some big names... and a few bums like Robben Ford. Of course you should turn it down on principle, a $4000 guitar is surely beneath you.

Of course the headstocks look silly, but the burning water I played was a damn fine guitar... you forget all about the headstock when youre playing one.

• Members

To those haters on the tele headstock: AFAIK, it was the FIRST mass-produced guitar with an in-line headstock that provided a straight path for the strings, and it did it without a whole lot of unnecessary wood, mass and no sharp edges or things to chip or crack. It is a thing of simplicity, functionality, and thus perfect. If you don't like it, you're probably a dedicated follower of fashion, and thus, beneath contempt....

Kidding about the last, but since when is simple and functional not good???

• Members

Do you guys play guitar or worry about headstocks all day?

On an ELECTRIC GUITAR FORUM we like to talk about many different aspects of the electric guitar, believe it or not. FYI, i spend a hell of a lot more time playing the thing than talking about it

• Members

Taylor make some of the finest acoustics on the market, and their electrics arent too bad either. Tyler make superstrat variants. You would be quite fortunate to have one handed to you, they are played by quite a lot of studio aces on tour with some big names... and a few bums like Robben Ford. Of course you should turn it down on principle, a $4000 guitar is surely beneath you.

Of course the headstocks look silly, but the burning water I played was a damn fine guitar... you forget all about the headstock when youre playing one.

I couldn't care less what it costs, I can get perfectly good sounds out of my modded cheapies and they look cool. My point is that the Tyler superstrat copies looks so devastatingly bad that i would never be seen dead playing one

• Members

On an ELECTRIC GUITAR FORUM we like to talk about many different aspects of the electric guitar, believe it or not. FYI, i spend a hell of a lot more time playing the thing than talking about it

I think you should play more...instead of wasting your time searching and posting pics of the headstocks you hate....... Harmony central can now sleep better at night.

....................................just sayin

• Members

I think you should play more...instead of wasting your time searching and posting pics of the headstocks you hate....... Harmony central can now sleep better at night.

....................................just sayin

How could you possibly know how much time i spend playing the guitar? Why are you wasting your time with these posts? Are you ill?