I know it's been asked before but... hardcases.

JR13

• Members

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/fender-skb-molded-case-for-right-or-left-hand-strat-or-tele-guitars/476086000001000

These things are beasts. I have two. One is the Fender version but for bass, and its a monster. One is Charvel branded and came with my So Cal, I totally trust it. The locks are sturday, and you can even fly with one. GREAT cases.

As much mojo as they have, I'll never buy another tweed case.

• Members

I have a couple SKB cases from back in the 90s. All of them are cracked, especially where the metal feet are on the back. Since then, if the guitar hasn't come with a case, I haven't bought an SKB. Of course, there's a good chance they could have fixed those issues in the last 10+ years.

• Members

Once you go tweed, you never go back.

These things are beasts. I have two. One is the Fender version but for bass, and its a monster. One is Charvel branded and came with my So Cal, I totally trust it. The locks are sturday, and you can even fly with one. GREAT cases.

As much mojo as they have, I'll never buy another tweed case.

• Members

My fave is the tweed thermometer case. Not sold on the price though.

Heh, I dunno. I've had my tweed case for like 8 years of the 9.5 I've been playing, and these SKBs for only 1 or so, and they're pretty awesome. Tweeds look badass but these look {censored}ing professional.
:D

• Members

This. Oh yes. I want to get one for one of my Strats sometime. And at a hundred bucks, that's getting irresistible.

DV016_Jpg_Large_476086.001_black_R.jpg

I have 2 of these, they are great. Don't pay $100 though, i bought both of mine for $85 ea. from zzounds, just call and ask for a discount.

• Members

Yeah, that one looks a little better. Less plasticy.

1600-SKB66_detail1.jpg
SKB66-xlarge.jpg

Not sure I'd pay the extra $30 for it, but it is a cleaner look.
:thu:

Don't do it. I have owned both cases. While they are both made by SKB, the Fender case is thicker, and offers much more protection. Just a much better case, imo. Sold mine like the one pictured above...have not missed it. I've seen the Fender model as low as $79...which is a STEAL for a great case.