Great Vid of Derek without a slide

mrbrown49

• Members

he is out of this world talented. Truly amazing. I don't listen too much to his never stuff cause the (male) singer annoy me no end, but Soul Serenade is one of my desert island discs

Check out his new group. The old singer is still there but more of a background vocal. Susan Tedeschi is the lead, great stuff.

I saw the Tedeschi Trucks Band last summer (an awesome early bday present from my girlfriend). Tedeschi (and all the other singers as there was a bunch) have epic pipes.

I love Truck's playing so much, whether it's with or without a slide. Great stuff.

• Members

I had heard her albums before, but live, she absolutely kills. I'd consider her equal to Derek, just on a different instrument.

It's cool too, she has the tiniest speaking voice. She announced a lost kid being found during their set, and when she spoke it was just the meekest little voice, but when she sings... WOW.

• Members

I went and saw the tedeschi & trucks band in Milwaukee a few weeks ago,

it was spiritual.

i thought i was going to go into tears when they extended Midnight in Harlem and i could tell Derek was really just immersed within the music.

i guess you had to be there but Derek commanded the band in a way that was really inspirational, almost in a Miles Davis sense. I think the two of them combined - man & wife really makes it all different. they are both the leaders but in different ways.

Best show i've ever seen, and when those two drums and entire band came in on the first song i thought i was going to crap my pants. who needs distortion when you have a band like that? I know they both have had their solo careers and very good at that, but this definately feels like a "band" that is just going to get so good, i can't wait until the next release and the next time i see them (hopefully in November) heh heh, yeah i'm addicted.

Archived