I want to hear you play

jjpistols

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yikes....I just listened to at least one song by everyone. I have been sitting at this computer forever, but I got to say I found some very cool music.

What's REALLY cool about this thread is the ability to hear what tones that people use, and then use this informatin to judge their opinions on gear.

Samnite,

I REALLY enjoyed the Nag Hammadi material. I bookmarked it to check out more later.

Thanks to everyone for being brave enough to post.

Brian

• Members

I'm not even getting audio on youtube clips now
:mad:

this thread has killed my computer

Same exact thing here. ???

I got YouTube to work on Internet Exploder but I hate IE. Nothing's working right in Firefox.

EDIT- I updated Flash player and everything works now. I don't get why this {censored} happens.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

• Members

words are cheap - its credentials time

Here's a song I wrote, and recorded a couple months back. I play all the guitars and bass, and do all the vox except the high backing (my engineer and friend Rob MacGregor did that track), my side band drummer played drums, first time we ever played the thing the whole way through. It's all first and second takes, done in one evening from start to finish:

LaborDay.mp3

If you click on the link, you can play the song as streaming audio. I do say a slightly naughty word ("piss"), so if the boss or kids are nearby, consider yourself warned. Also contains lefty political rant.

That's about all I got. It's going on a homeless benefit CD, if that makes it any cooler. Don't blame me, you asked for it.

I never claimed to be no expert.

There's a batch of other, older songs from a few years back on my myspace linked in the sig line. I sing lead and do most of not all the guitar leads on those.

• Members

Here's a song I wrote, and recorded a couple months back. I play all the guitars and bass, and do all the vox except the high backing (my engineer and friend Rob MacGregor did that track), my side band drummer played drums, first time we ever played the thing the whole way through. It's all first and second takes, done in one evening from start to finish:

If you click on the link, you can play the song as streaming audio. I do say a slightly naughty word ("piss"), so if the boss or kids are nearby, consider yourself warned. Also contains lefty political rant.

That's about all I got. It's going on a homeless benefit CD, if that makes it any cooler. Don't blame me, you asked for it.

I never claimed to be no expert.

There's a batch of other, older songs from a few years back on my myspace linked in the sig line. I sing lead and do most of not all the guitar leads on those.

um

you played with BoDiddley

that lends an air of legitimacy

• Members

Thank you kindly, Guitzilla. Makes me feel good (and works me up for my gig today.) :)

If anyone is still having probs with SC, keep in mind that even if the audio player doesn't work, you can still usually download the songs directly.

• Members

um

you played with BoDiddley

that lends an air of legitimacy

Haha, the Bo thing was a fluke of good luck, or maybe karma.

Besides, don't I lose punk points for an air of legitimacy?

Although it makes me no nevermind. I've always been too rock for punk people and too punk for rock people, I ain't expecting popularity. ;)

• Members

I have been beyond busy and hadn't been on here much the past week or so. Saw this thread... so here is some junk. I've posted several you tube videos in the past which can be found here. The rest is some other "junk" including very OLD stuff. I've got new "junk" in the works but not laid down to track yet. Hence the beyond busy.

Old junk from about 10 years ago. (you have already heard these JJ)

fade away

authority

dissolve

a couple of years ago with my last band "junk"

believe

forgive

again

(very rough concept we never worked out, but I liked the groove)

something from not so long ago in the jam thread...

marooned_shipwrecked

finally, me goofing off in the studio (missed notes and all). I thought the tech was taking a picture but he accidentally was videoing.

[YOUTUBE]2dQR_v0XOEY[/YOUTUBE]

Archived