Going to Chicago this wekend to get my guitar back!

notjonahbutnoah

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I really just wanna gawk. Having just sold my Les Paul to recoup funds from buying my purple Charvel, I shouldn't buy anything. I mean, the evil Visa is in my wallet just in case, but I probably wont use it.

That and my girlfriend will be there, and although she doesn't ever tell me how to spend money (perhaps she should), she is keenly aware of what stuff costs, and will sometimes use it as ammo when she wants something. :lol:

• Members
Funny -- I grew up in the Chicago area (Northbrook) and hate pretty much everything about it (except for PunkKitty of course!
;)
) I like my pizza with thin crust, prefer the Cards for baseball and Packers for football, and the Sharks for hockey and think that the weather in Chicago sucks harder than any other place I've ever live (with the possible exception of St. Louis, which also sucks pretty hard...)

Blasphemy, blasphemy, BLASPHEMY!!!!! :mad::mad:

(except for the weather and St. Louis comments ;))

• Members

I have it on good authority that you should avoid the south side of Chicago, which is apparently the baddest part of town. And if do you happen to venture down there, I've been warned to beware of a man named Leroy Brown.

Just sayin'

Who? Never heard of him. There are a lot of people on the south side so I doubt I will see him. Besides, I could probably take him. I mean as long as he's not badder than ole King Kong or, say, meaner than a junkyard dog.

• Members

The south side is a culinary experience that I'm not as familiar with. You will be just south of Chinatown. That's always good for a inexpensive decent meal. Lots of new restaurants have recently opened in Bridgeport and the neighborhoods around it. You will need to rely on your friends for suggestions.

• Members

I just went to Chicago for Riot Fest. There is this punk rock dive bar called Exit that I went to that is pretty cool. Don't remember how to get there but just look it up on yelp.

The only tourist thing I did while I was in Chicago was take a picture by the fountain from Married With Children. I also went to the Navy Pier and was stoked when I found Makinac Island fudge (my family is from Michigan). I love that stuff! They had the Oktoberfest goin on at the end of the pier while I was there and that was cool. It is free to get in but the beers are like $8.

If your nose doesn't work, just look up and see which La Pasadita has white smoke coming from the chimney. White smoke = fresh beef.

Went to that place and i must say being a native of California, they actually had pretty decent Mexican food in Chicago. There were seriously 3 of those restaurants with in a few blocks of each other. I actually think there were two that were like 3 or 4 buildings apart? I was a bit drunk so I don't remember exactly but I remember seeing those everywhere.

• Members

I just went to Chicago for Riot Fest. There is this punk rock dive bar called Exit that I went to that is pretty cool. Don't remember how to get there but just look it up on yelp.

The only tourist thing I did while I was in Chicago was take a picture by the fountain from Married With Children. I also went to the Navy Pier and was stoked when I found Makinac Island fudge (my family is from Michigan). I love that stuff! They had the Oktoberfest goin on at the end of the pier while I was there and that was cool. It is free to get in but the beers are like $8.

Went to that place and i must say being a native of California, they actually had pretty decent Mexican food in Chicago. There were seriously 3 of those restaurants with in a few blocks of each other. I actually think there were two that were like 3 or 4 buildings apart? I was a bit drunk so I don't remember exactly but I remember seeing those everywhere.

Yeah, I don't know how much uptown stuff we'll do, but if we end up going to a bar, I would definitely prefer a punk rock type place. That Saturday before Halloween should yeild a good crowd/bands.

• Members

Who? Never heard of him. There are a lot of people on the south side so I doubt I will see him. Besides, I could probably take him. I mean as long as he's not badder than ole King Kong or, say, meaner than a junkyard dog.

I got bad news for ya, dude ....

Archived