Going to Chicago this wekend to get my guitar back!

notjonahbutnoah

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah that Pegboy is good stuffs, me likey!

UPDATE!

So we went.

The trip was a success, the guitar is now in my possession. Heh, there was some blood on the guard, and it was in drop d, so someone had a metal jam on, but whatever. It's just fine.

Basically, we drove to my buddy's ole place in Pilson, where I left my car in their apt's parking space and rode trains all over.

It was pretty fun, we walked/rode all over the city. Saw the north, south, west.. the whole shebang. We didn't go to any shops really, though we did end up at a party on north Lincoln a few blocks down from the CME, but this was after midnight so no shopping.

Earlier in the night my girlfriend tripped and hurt her ankle and was hoblling for awhile until she convince me to call a cab, wherein my buddy left his backpack which had my 160 gig ipod in. So... that blows, but other than that, it was a good time. I wanna go back, just me and the lady, so was gan go at a less breakneck pace and just enjoy the city a little more.

I mean I would be content to just ride the train to the last stops for awhile. Its like a free (or nearly free) tour of the city.

As far as food goes, we had awesome tacos at a mexican place in Pilson, dirty, cheap, and amazingly delicious. We also at at a place in the south burbs called Big Pappa's, where you can get a 2/3 lb double cheeseburger piled with and eqyal amount of gyro meat. It was awesome. And of course they had "I love it when you call me big pappa" shirts.

I will update with some fun view/drunk on the train pictures soon.

All in all though, great trip and I wanna do it again really soon.

• Members

I'm glad that you enjoyed the trip. There are lots of good places to eat in Pilsen. There's a reason that I never moved out of the Chicago area. I love this city.

Yeah, I really like it too. I seriously wanna go back really soon.

I could see living there, but I hear the winters, much like the Wu-Tang Clan, ain't nuttin to {censored} wif.

• Members
I could see living there, but I hear the winters, much like the Wu-Tang Clan, ain't nuttin to {censored} wif.

The winters are better here than in NW Indiana. They usually get hit hard with lake effect snow. For the most part, we manage the winter pretty well. Snow removal is good in general. We get the occasional blizzard. But we deal with it. It's just part of living here.

Archived