Weirdest guitar you ever owned?

Zeopold

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have one to contribute. Was actually one of the best playing guitars I have ever owned too.

1986 Ibanez Axstar AX70 headless

Sports a 24-fret full 25.5" scale neck

Ebony fretboard with real mother-of-pearl mini-dot inlays

It has 2 active Ibanez pickups (exclusive to this model and sound great) and an active EQ circuit

Single volume knob, EQ knob and mini 3-way selector switch.

p7110318.jpg

• Members

My Gadow Custom Hollow

P1030217.JPG

:love:

I've got, back at my folks in Ireland, an old no-name Japanese guitar, a late 60s / early 70s thing. Dreadful instrument, though I love the acoustic tone to it. The neck (like a baseball bat!) is bolt-on, Fender style headstock; the body LP style, and *very* thin. Quirky.

Otherwise oddest I own is a Steinberger Spirit. Rare beast in lefty configuration. I bought it on eBay from someone who managed to privately import it. Tried to buy a new one, but MusicYo refused to sell to me, obviously in order to protect the UK distributor who wanted to charge me twice the MusicYo price...... but didn't import lefties. MusicYo still refused to sell me a model that wasn't imported here. I understand their contractual arrangements, but.... :facepalm:

I've liked more quirky stuff than I've owned - most of it not available left handed, alas.

Archived