Decisions, decisions, decisions.........

JSynthGuitarMan

• Members

Anyhow, I was down at GC today, and in the used section I saw something that caught my eye. An Epiphone '66 SG around the price I was looking for it. So, I was pretty sure I was going to come back to get it. Then all of a sudden a quick glance yields another gem. An Epiphone SG Custom. Both of the guitars are at the same exact price, $250.

......... :mad: How do you decide?

53536_l.jpg

or

p4711.jpg

Hot guitar vs Hot guitar?

Cool guitar vs Cool guitar?

How?

[P.S. I am aware that the Custom is a better deal, but I really want both. What's your pick?]

• Members

I know it sounds cliche, but seriously, just play them both and get the one you think sounds and plays better. FWIW, I was looking at those epiphone customs at one point solely due to the fact that I saw Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys playing an Ibanez SG that looked just like it and I thought it looked like an awesome guitar. I played one in store and was very disappointed. Didn't have that SG 'bite' or aggressiveness to my ears and sounded muddy and dull. But hey, maybe I played a dud and YMMV.

My point is, try them.

• Members

1. I played both of them and I liked them both.

2. I love the full-face pickguard, but for the very reason many of you don't like the custom, I like the 3 pickups.

Now you see why this is so difficult?

And I looked at the poll and it's 50/50. That definitely makes this a lot easier.... s :D

Archived