Pop Perfection

Mark L

• Members

I've always liked songs that have cool instrumental breakdowns like the one here that starts at 2:28

I remember as a kid thinking it was my favorite part of the song.

Although this live version doesn't have the breakdown. I think it's a lot more fun to look at.

I like girls who wear blue dresses.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad

View Post

How are you getting on with that Animals' cover, ageing gentleman hippie? smile.gif

Got distracted with a new, original song called "When the Grid Goes Down." I was checking out Sonar X2 and it just kind of took on a life of its own...I previewed it at PreSonuSphere, and people were definitely rocking out smile.gif I'm in the final stages of mixing, then I'll get back to the Animals.

You'll get a link as soon as either one is done. "When the Grid Goes Down" is definitely not pop, it's pretty dark...but danceable!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton

View Post

Got distracted with a new, original song called "When the Grid Goes Down." I was checking out Sonar X2 and it just kind of took on a life of its own...I previewed it at PreSonuSphere, and people were definitely rocking out smile.gif I'm in the final stages of mixing, then I'll get back to the Animals.

You'll get a link as soon as either one is done. "When the Grid Goes Down" is definitely not pop, it's pretty dark...but danceable!

I look forward to it thumb.gif

• Members

GREAT choice. Saw the PBS special of them recording this in the studio...Hal Blaine on drums and all that. It was truly magical, and I'm not even a huge Beach Boys fan.

Thanks! This is such a beautiful song and arrangement. Of course, the studio performance is not what is seen in the video (but it is fun to watch). From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Vibrations

Personnel

The Beach Boys

Al Jardine

• Members

This thread is definitely fun and interesting - I want to seed it with a few more recent entries. There's always recycling and back-to-roots things going on in music, but in the last 15 years there's been a particular spike in bands that have been mining the 60s-80s for vibe and feel and ideas, updating and making current pop/poprock

mQONxOIPPuI

EfFAEiT51Vk

bit more rockin' numbers here, but still poppie IMHO. And I always found poprock more interesting typically than just pure, MOR pop.

VokdpAJm9vs

NRpm3lWbc08

nat whilk ii

Archived