Neck, Check......What's a nice F-spaced (or wider?) Bridge humbucker?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

Welp, just purchased a warmoth 1.75" nut width neck.

I've got a Dimarzio EJ Custom in the bridge position of the Small Headstock Hwy. 1 Strat I plan on swapping necks with.....

The EJ custom is gibson spacing, I've just been dealing with the poor string alignment.

With the 1.75" nut width, I figure it's best to update the bridge pickup to something properly spaced.

Do they make wider spaced than F-spaced?

What are your suggestions for a F-spaced humbucker?

I guess I like PAF type vintage style pickups....the EJ Custom is nice (I know they make an F spaced version, anything similar?).......but I'd be open to medium output as well....

(I've got Texas Specials singles in the neck and middle)

• Members

Welp, just purchased a warmoth 1.75" nut width neck.

I've got a Dimarzio EJ Custom in the bridge position of the Small Headstock Hwy. 1 Strat I plan on swapping necks with.....

The EJ custom is gibson spacing, I've just been dealing with the poor string alignment.

With the 1.75" nut width, I figure it's best to update the bridge pickup to something properly spaced.

Do they make wider spaced than F-spaced?

What are your suggestions for a F-spaced humbucker?

I guess I like PAF type vintage style pickups....the EJ Custom is nice (I know they make an F spaced version, anything similar?).......but I'd be open to medium output as well....

(I've got Texas Specials singles in the neck and middle)

If you're looking for a bridge humbucker you don't need anything wider than F-spaced as that spacing is determined by the bridge, not by the nut. Now if you're looking for a neck pickup you'll definitely want something F-spaced with a nut that wide.

• Members

If you're looking for a bridge humbucker you don't need anything wider than F-spaced as that spacing is determined by the bridge, not by the nut. Now if you're looking for a neck pickup you'll definitely want something F-spaced with a nut that wide.

Good call.

Neck and middle are Texas Specials, so that should work. :)

Archived