New *Sparkly* Guitar Day

slushpup96

• Members

This might be my first thread with some really good pics.

Squier Super-Sonic in the tasty blue sparkle finish. MIJ, Fujigen. Some might have seen my other thread about this. I traded my Boss CE1 and $150 for this but it came with a gig bag and a tremolo (vibrato? I know it's a vibrato effect but I don't know if Fender labels it wrong or something).

I'll miss the CE1 a bit, but it was a great deal IMO. This opens space for me to get another chorus pedal. I'm thinking a Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus (in blue sparkle). I'll never forget the last song I played through it.

Anyway, here it is. First impression is that the thing is set up great. Excellent upper fret access. I can get all those high notes I never play! Tuning is going to be kinda difficult on stage because of the upside down headstock, but it looks pretty cool so I don't care. I actually haven't plugged it in yet or put a strap on it, I just wanted to get this thread up.

Very smooth craigslist dealing. The guy was very nice, had a lot of guitars laying around and had many stories to tell. Apparently this one is celebrity owned but I don't know by who. He also gave me a bit of advice that I'll share here. Always get a receipt after a craigslist deal. Whether it's for insurance or whatever, they're just good to have around. He wrote the date, model, serial number, my name, amount paid, and his signature on the back of his business card. Didn't take long and could be potentially useful.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is that both knobs are volume knobs; no tone knobs. I feel like master volume is a lot more useful and you get a fuller sound using both pickups anyway - but who knows, I haven't plugged it in yet anyway so I might like it.

RFJQz.jpg

Anyone know what kind of strap would look good on this?

• Members

That's hot! HNGD!

The seller said it was celebrity-owned, but wouldn't tell you who the celebrity was?

He owns over 700 guitars and was manager or something important to GnR, Poison, some other bands. Plus he had another guitar signed by that famous guy. He only brought out the signed guitar for a bit so I couldn't see what the signature was. But I trust him and don't care too much about it anyway. Apparently the celebrity never played the thing. So it's like mint condition for me.

• Members

Looks great! I think you should mod it for master volume and tone. It's just more versatile that way. What's your favorite then?

I was thinking of modding it like that too, 2 volumes and no tones seem unnecessary.

Here is my favorite. That's not a racing stripe btw, just the light.

JteSr.jpg

Fender Toronado American Special. Love everything about it. well I mean, I don't need 4 knobs, but it's not a problem.

• Members

What are the specs on that hottie?

Alder body on the hottie, 24.75 scale length, 22 frets, Atomic Duncan Designed humbuckers, adjust-o-matic bridge w/ anchored tailpiece, modern C shape neck, are some of the ones I remember of the top of my head. I'm still hunting for its parallel, which looks like this.

HiO99.jpg

Basically the same except for the butterscotch blonde finish and Black Dove P90 pups. the thing is obnoxiously rare though, to get with all the specifics I want (black headstock, butterscotch blonde finish, black dove p90s, all original - it's harder to find than it seems)

• Members

They are rare birds indeed. It took me quite a while to get the one I wanted, though I was able to get it dirt cheap.

Fender woods/construction with Gibson pups/scale/controls. I love it.

100_5555.jpg' alt='>'>

Alder body on the hottie, 24.75 scale length, 22 frets, Atomic Duncan Designed humbuckers, adjust-o-matic bridge w/ anchored tailpiece, modern C shape neck, are some of the ones I remember of the top of my head. I'm still hunting for its parallel, which looks like this.

HiO99.jpg

Basically the same except for the butterscotch blonde finish and Black Dove P90 pups. the thing is obnoxiously rare though, to get with all the specifics I want (black headstock, butterscotch blonde finish, black dove p90s, all original - it's harder to find than it seems)

• Members

Nice one, I've had mine for a few years now. It's currently got firebird pickups on a custom pickguardian guard, master volume and tone and a poorly done purple sparkle refin (was pretty good until my father in law moved it from where it was curing so the still soft paint got dinged and scratched). One of my favourite guitar ever, light and resonant with great twang and snap.

• Members

Nice one, I've had mine for a few years now. It's currently got firebird pickups on a custom pickguardian guard, master volume and tone and a poorly done purple sparkle refin (was pretty good until my father in law moved it from where it was curing so the still soft paint got dinged and scratched). One of my favourite guitar ever, light and resonant with great twang and snap.

that sounds interesting. pics?

• Members

HiO99.jpg

Ooh, sparkles! And this above, total GAS for one! It took me a while to find mine, but unfortunately it's in the most boring color.

I'd love a black/tort one like Davo's too. -Adam

Toronado1.jpg

Archived