Some Rap I can Tolerate...

acefreely

• Members

You know how you hear a riff and the little flag in your head goes.. that reminds me of...

Cream's politician. A simple song with a cool riff. Then I realized why i don't like most rap. I simply feel you can do so much more, even with something that's basic and fundamental. Not a personal attack on you ace, just an observation. But hey whatever floats your boat.

I dug the faces too but i stopped listening after a minute and a half. I'll go back and get to the rest of it because I did enjoy the playing too.

• Members

Can't stand that crap. How many times does the N-word need to be used in a song? The correct answer is zero.

The only rap I can tolerate is old school pre-gangsta, yes like Will Smith, RunDMC, etc.

I have no interest in what thugs have to say in a song. It's just as bad a a movie with F bombs in every line of dialog (ok Reservoir Dogs, excluded)

• Members

I'm not the biggest rap fan, but I do like a few songs here and there. I think this counts as rap, and I used to listen to this song a lot (though not much more of his stuff, really).

[video=youtube;twQ4-b1Zs0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQ4-b1Zs0U

I have no interest in what thugs have to say in a song. It's just as bad a a movie with F bombs in every line of dialog (ok Reservoir Dogs, excluded)

Why is it called an F bomb, when it doesn't hurt or blow up anything?

• Members

I'm not the biggest rap fan, but I do like a few songs here and there. I think this counts as rap, and I used to listen to this song a lot (though not much more of his stuff, really).

Why the {censored} is it called an F bomb, when it doesn't hurt or blow up anything?

I don't know. I did not coin the term.

So if you prefer the colloquial term, "{censored}"

• Members

Can't stand that crap. How many times does the N-word need to be used in a song? The correct answer is zero.

The only rap I can tolerate is old school pre-gangsta, yes like Will Smith, RunDMC, etc.

Try this [video=youtube;6tPcOC4-PDY]

• Members

OP expressed an opinion. So did I.

How about being open minded to diverse opinions?
:idea:

I get the feeling your views on"rap" (very dated term btw) haven't changed sinced the mid 80s. Your opinion in no way reflects diversity. Should I be open to the opinions of Milosevich as well, say on the topic of ethnic cleansing, seeing as how they differ from mine?

• Members

Actually with 4 teenagers in my house I get more than my fair dose of 21st century rap, hip-hop, whatever you choose to call it.

Simply put, I don't care for it. I don't need to listen to something I don't like to feel diverse. If you, or my kids want to listen to contemporary music, enjoy it, just keep it down, please.

• Members

It's funny. I responded with an opinion. I tried to balance my response with both my plus and minus thoughts and to state them respectfully. But I suspected a flame-fest was in the works, not one aimed at me but one that would erupt simply because the anonymity of the online world makes it easier to do.

I'm going to by a round for everybody so we can relax and have fun. Name your poison (where's that beer emoticon?)

• Members

Actually with 4 teenagers in my house I get more than my fair dose of 21st century rap, hip-hop, whatever you choose to call it.

Simply put, I don't care for it. I don't need to listen to something I don't like to feel diverse. If you, or my kids want to listen to contemporary music, enjoy it, just keep it down, please.

All hip hop doesn't sound the same, any more than Nirvana sounds like Aerosmith or Blink 182 like Rush.

But I'll go ahead and get off your lawn, it ain't my job to change your mind. Keep rockin, or whatever. :)

• Members

JJ, I am not saying that every hip hop song recorded after 1987 sucks or that it sounds the same or that all hip hop artists look alike. I think I was pretty specific in saying I don't like the gangster culture or its influence in music. A thread was posted, presumably for discussion and I offered my $.02.

My lawn, is your lawn.

We cool, yo?

• Members

JJ, I am not saying that every hip hop song recorded after 1987 sucks or that it sounds the same or that all hip hop artists look alike. I think I was pretty specific in saying I don't like the gangster culture or its influence in music. A thread was posted, presumably for discussion and I offered my $.02.

My lawn, is your lawn.

We cool, yo?

Oh yeah we cool :cool:

• Members

For the record...I don't really care for that song or any rap song for that matter; there are a few that are catchy. I just dug the guitar playing ;-)

I figured as much. +1 on the playing. I enjoy watching young people get into their music....uh scuse me I gotta chase some kids off my lawn.

• Members

i would have liked that a whole lot less had that rather expressive young man not been wailing all over it. Instead i quite enjoyed it. I'm not really a fan of any particular style of music, i really just like hearing guitar prominent music.

Archived