NBD - "Hot Pink" Score !!!!

skipstar59

• Members

My first pawnshop score of 2012.The same place where I scored my 3 other 70's Fender basses.I've been wanting some really cool 80's rock guitar or bass for a while,but I just hadn't quite found the right deal until today. I picked up this almost mint 1988 Fluorescent Pink Kramer Striker 700ST Bass. I got the bass, Fender Tweed case, 2 guitar chords, and strap. Made me a deal I couldn't pass up.:)

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

DSC00336.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

• Members

Dude... yes! That's so cool.

Great color, maple board, great pickup config, I especially love that it has the toggle switch, somewhat uncommon for bass, but super cool. I don't dig the matching headstock, but I'd still rock it.

How does it feel? Big frets? It's a USA model, no?

I had to buy this bass just for the Hot Pink color. Yea the pickup configuration is really cool,and it has a real solid punchy tone. It is made in the USA,and it's rocking 80's all the way. :rawk:

• Members

HNGD, that's a blinding bass!

Strikers were Kramer's entry level imports.

Striker - MIK

Focus - MIJ

then the American series.

Sorry, but it's not MIA, it is rocking nonetheless!
:thu:

Edit -- Here's some more info on old Kramer Strikers:
http://www.vintagekramer.com/company42.htm

I guess it's kinda misleading to put USA on the neckplate. Oh well, it play good and sounds great. I'm a happy camper even if it's not made here.:)

• Members

I guess it's kinda misleading to put USA on the neckplate. Oh well, it play good and sounds great. I'm a happy camper even if it's not made here.
:)

It's still a really cool bass man, I wasn't trying to crap on your NBD.

In the '80s, it seems all of the domestic guitar companies had their US addresses on the neck plate, but they were careful not to say "Made In". They put little stickers, often on the heels of the neck that said "Made In ..." Case in point, the imported Charvels that all said Ft. Worth, Texas on the neck plate.

• Members

It's still a really cool bass man, I wasn't trying to crap on your NBD.

In the '80s, it seems all of the domestic guitar companies had their US addresses on the neck plate, but they were careful not to say "Made In". They put little stickers, often on the heels of the neck that said "Made In ..." Case in point, the imported Charvels that all said Ft. Worth, Texas on the neck plate.

It's all good Deadbeat. My positive outlook on the score is I bought a Fender Tweed case in great condition, 2- 20 ft. guitar chords, and a planet wave strap for $129, and got a FREE '88 Kramer Bass. Now I feel good about my score.;)

• Members

It's all good Deadbeat. My positive outlook on the score is I bought a Fender Tweed case in great condition, 2- 20 ft. guitar chords, and a planet wave strap for $129, and got a FREE '88 Kramer Bass. Now I feel good about my score.
;)

Dude.... {censored} you man. Sheesh, that's a deal.

Archived