NFGD!!! (ish - kinda...)

FoonkySteve

• Members

Howdy again folks!

So here it is, the Fender Modern Player Thinline Telecaster Deluxe in Black transparent:

1dbe956e.jpg

64a97479.jpg

abc6b054.jpg

f4c7f24f.jpg

03b188b5.jpg

4e40753b.jpg

And here's a Clip:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11349745&q=hi&newref=1

Anyone want to know the epic tale of this NGD!?!?!?

Well...... im gonna tell ya anyway...... in a bit...... Pizza just arrived!

• Members

Now I want pizza.

Way sexy! HNGD!

That was some good Pizza!

Now...... onto my epic tale!

So this guitar was odered -pre paid for at the start of december, i was supposed to be buying it myself, but my awesome girlfriend paid the deposit for me, so i only had to pay half, until xmas day that is, when she told me she paid the guitar in full for me! What a girl! So the guitar didn't arrive until yesterday, when i went down and picked it up. I tried it out in the store, and it basically sucked balls in terms of playability. Sounds great, looks geat, plays like a bag o {censored}e. Then this thread happened: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2863196-Not-So-Happy-New-Guitar-Day..../page2 - thanks guys :thu:

I went by the advice of half the forumites and started making some minor tweaks, inc adjusting the saddle height and tweaking the truss rod, got it feeling great but buzzing a lot, then the opposite again, then wash rinse, repeat.... I wanted to try and make this work as i didn't want to upset my awesome girlfriend who bought me the guitar, but now unfortunately, i will be going with the advice from the other half of the forumites, and arranging a return this week. Im a bit pissed to be honest, i hope i just got a dog, and another one will be awesome and play like my strat which has the same frickin neck!

Lots of Love

FoonkySteve :thu:

• Members

Me too! It's not that yellow its more orangy/yellow/brown but not too dark?? I'll try taking better pics in daylight although i don't see much daylight here atm.

WoW Thanks Slush
:thu:

That was some good Pizza!

Now...... onto my epic tale!

So this guitar was odered -pre paid for at the start of december, i was supposed to be buying it myself, but my awesome girlfriend paid the deposit for me, so i only had to pay half, until xmas day that is, when she told me she paid the guitar in full for me! What a girl! So the guitar didn't arrive until yesterday, when i went down and picked it up. I tried it out in the store, and it basically sucked balls in terms of playability. Sounds great, looks geat, plays like a bag o {censored}e. Then this thread happened:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2863196-Not-So-Happy-New-Guitar-Day..../page2
- thanks guys

I went by the advice of half the forumites and started making some minor tweaks, inc adjusting the saddle height and tweaking the truss rod, got it feeling great but buzzing a lot, then the opposite again, then wash rinse, repeat.... I wanted to try and make this work as i didn't want to upset my awesome girlfriend who bought me the guitar, but now unfortunately, i will be going with the advice from the other half of the forumites, and arranging a return this week. Im a bit pissed to be honest, i hope i just got a dog, and another one will be awesome and play like my strat which has the same frickin neck!

Lots of Love

FoonkySteve

Is there no Fender dealer in your area that could look at it. It should have full coverage under waranty at any dealer. If they can't help you then return it.

• Members

1 - HNGD! (Sort of...)

2 - The clip sounds great! I can't imagine what you sound like with one you actually jive with.

3 - Sorry to hear you couldn't get it dialed in. If I remember correctly, you said the shop where you got it isn't known for having the best in-house tech. That's also a bummer. I bet a good tech could get it set up proper for you.

• Members

1 - HNGD! (Sort of...)

2 - The clip sounds great! I can't imagine what you sound like with one you actually jive with.

3 - Sorry to hear you couldn't get it dialed in. If I remember correctly, you said the shop where you got it isn't known for having the best in-house tech. That's also a bummer. I bet a good tech could get it set up proper for you.

Thanks alot man! It can still be played, it's just far less of an enjoyable experience than playing me ol strat.

Yeah the in-house tech isn't te best, but if they offer me to have him set it up, i'll let him have a go, if it's still {censored}, it will have to be returned, i'll end up waiting forever on another one :(

• Members

Sorry to hear about the setup issues. Sure does sound great though so hopefully you can get it taken care of.

Thanks Guyses!! It's going back to the dealer this week for a set-up from the questionable in-house tech! I think it just needs the nut filed a little :thu:

• Members

Nice!!

I just want to know is the serial # CGS China?

I've been told these are made at the 'good' Squier plant that cranked out the CV models that got such good reviews..

if it is indeed Chinese made?

I suppose I need a confirmation.

I haven't seen one for myself.

• Members

Nice!!

I just want to know is the serial #
CGS
China?

I've been told these are made at the 'good' Squier plant that cranked out the CV models that got such good reviews..

if it is indeed Chinese made?

I suppose I need a confirmation.

I haven't seen one for myself.

It's CGF (crafted in China) is that a good thing or a bad thing??

• Members

It's CGF (crafted in China) is that a good thing or a bad thing??

Damn! That must be CGSquier

gone to CGFender.

Excellent then.

The best of the Classic Vibe Squiers came from that factory.

It can Only Be A Good Thing!

Can't wait to check one out in person!

Archived