Treasure map refinish

-=Pennywise=-

• Members

I remember this one too. Thanks for posting latest pics. I love that thing.

Strangely, I've been trying to figure out how to get a picture of my kids onto one of my Strats. How did you do the map? Could I do the same thing with a picture?

• Members

I remember this one too. Thanks for posting latest pics. I love that thing.

Strangely, I've been trying to figure out how to get a picture of my kids onto one of my Strats. How did you do the map? Could I do the same thing with a picture?

I drew all the artwork by hand using a 005 fine tip Steadtler technical writing pen (indian ink based), then coated it over with 6 coats of tru-oil, one coat per day.

• Members

Beautifully done! The only criticism I would have is that the hockey-stick headstock interrupts the "flow" of your beautiful illustration. Either way, remarkable!!!

I know what you mean. If I ever have to replace the neck again I may go with a strat headstocked neck (warmoth, musikraft). this kramer has the same neck pocket size as a fender, so any 2 3/16 heeled neck will work with it so long as the scale length is the same. I worked with what I had. It was a cool experimental project for a guitar I only paid $200 for a few years ago.

Archived