Pick between these two guitars ... poll ...

nToHrv

• Members

Looking to purchase a brand new guitar. I need a guitar that will be versatile and give me nice cleans and nice dirt all at a price around $1400. I've narrowed by choices down to two ... which one would you guys pick and why ? (or if you know of something else, in that price range, brand new .. i'm open to opinions ... thanks !!)

• Members
  • Members

I'd go EBMM. Nice instruments, not something you see every day, and a sterling (wah-waaaaah) reputation for quality. Fender's American Deluxe line has never done anything for me - old man guitars, way I sees it - and Strats are a dime a dozen anyway. You could probably get into a Grosh/Anderson/Suhr at that price point, but to me, those are just the same old boring Strat copies, if exceptionally well built.

• Members

That's sweet looking!!

(but I voted Fender..... )

That MM basically is a Fender, isn't it? Asymmetrical cutaways, HSS layout (like quite a few Squiers of later years), five way switch and rather than three pots, it has a master vol/tone much like the old Bullets or a Tele. I would have to agree, though. I'm a huge fan of the 4+2 machine head layout. It strikes me as very prog-rock :lol:

• Members

I'd have to play them to decide. I'd add G&L to the list as well. But if I had to roll the dice on either without playing I would be happy with either and since I have a great Am Std Strat and love EBMM guitars I'd go with the Silhouette Special...but in a different color than the one posted (but I'd keep the maple board and trem).

• Members

Man, this is like being asked to choose between the Chrysler Town&Country and the Dodge Caravan. Is Tweedledum sexier than Tweedledee?

Give me either one today, and it'll be traded for a REAL guitar tomorrow.

Archived