Painted f-holes... urgh...

honeyiscool

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hello Kitty is one of the most famous and beloved designs in the world, far more universal than any guitar design. I understand why someone might consider it hideous, but I think anybody with a brain would realize that it's not a widely accepted fact that it's hideous, since Hello Kitty designs make more than a billion dollars annually worldwide.

As a result, I fail to see what this has anything to do with painted F-holes.

Hello Kitty is a pink, no doubt, in your face statement. Fake f-holes, like relicing, are based in deception. Not that there's anything wrong with either. They are just not the same thing.

• Members

Why do people care what other people like??? If you don't like it, don't get one.
:idea:

It's not so much that people care what other people think, as if there were a 'right thing to think'. It's more that people talk about stuff, and if you only talk about what you agree about, the conversation's quite short, and then what?

For instance, I think The Doors were a terrible band, driven by a pretentious front man with a distinctive though irritating voice. I don't expect any Doors fans to be convinced by that argument, but the conversation's worth having, I'd say. Otherwise, what's a forum for?

• Members

It's not so much that people
care
what other people think, as if there were a 'right thing to think'. It's more that people talk about stuff, and if you only talk about what you
agree
about, the conversation's quite short, and then what?

For instance, I think The Doors were a terrible band, driven by a pretentious front man with a distinctive though irritating voice. I don't expect any Doors fans to be convinced by that argument, but the conversation's worth having, I'd say. Otherwise, what's a forum for?

If your point in using communication is to simply to have petty arguments, that is your call. But I think it kind of makes you a douche.

• Members

Well, yeah, I do sorta hate The Doors, too. When dudes find out I play piano, I just pray and hope they don't say the, "Oh, wanna come jam with us? We're kind of trying to do a Doors thing," line that has me running for the hills.

Likes Hello Kitty, but hates the doors.. Wow..

• Members

Deception? Really?

It strikes me that Paul has them on his signature guitar as a statement of his sense of humor, they are ironic on a super strat, no?

Deception?

His humor relies on deception of the eye. A real f-hole wouldn't even warrant a feeble chortle.

• Members
Welcome to the HiC enigma!

Really! How many Hello Kitty fans do you think are Doors fans? There's nothing enigmatic about any of this. From a technical point of view, I think their real problem is that they have pretty good songs but all of their songs have these extended instrumental sections where they pretty much play the same {censored}ty thing over and over again and they're just really really difficult to listen to for me. Then again, I hate most keyboard players in rock bands and think some of them should learn how to play their instruments better. There are some great players out there, sure, like Billy Preston or Stevie Wonder, and those guys can {censored}ing play, and then there is Ray Manzarek, who seemingly knows one scale.

• Members

Really! How many Hello Kitty fans do you think are Doors fans? There's nothing enigmatic about any of this. From a technical point of view, I think their real problem is that they have pretty good songs but all of their songs have these extended instrumental sections where they pretty much play the same {censored}ty thing over and over again and they're just really really difficult to listen to for me. Then again, I hate most keyboard players in rock bands and think some of them should learn how to play their instruments better. There are some great players out there, sure, like Billy Preston or Stevie Wonder, and those guys can {censored}ing play, and then there is Ray Manzarek, who seemingly knows one scale.

Big Doors fan here. Really loved their music but stopped hearing for many years. Recently, I had another listen. Still like them but damn their stuff sounds dated now.

As far as piano and keyboard players in bands, I love me some of that honky tonk!!!

• Members

Who's that pianist who used to play with the Stones? I remember he's pretty good. He gets a really nice thick piano sound.

That's the other thing. Most rock pianists get really {censored}ty tone. With a piano, as with guitar, it's mostly in your fingers but it's also the instrument you pick, and so many people get really crap tone IMO. Even Elton John. I like him, but his piano tone is urgh.

• Members

Not really much to do with HK. More to do with your affection for angsty, indie-rock, pop bands. The Doors were one of the fore-fathers of that kind of stuff. Poppy, yet rebels, a blue-print that's been repeated a million times since then.

Anyhoo, it's waaaay too easy to to get you upset 'HiC Enigma'. :lol:

• Members

Who's that pianist who used to play with the Stones? I remember he's pretty good. He gets a really nice thick piano sound.

That's the other thing. Most rock pianists get really {censored}ty tone. With a piano, as with guitar, it's mostly in your fingers but it's also the instrument you pick, and so many people get really crap tone IMO. Even Elton John. I like him, but his piano tone is urgh.

Archived