I Have a Lefty Agile Ghost Guitar

goldenhose

• Members

If it was a righty, maybe 250-300. Since it's backwards though, probably more like 200-250.

??

Never seen a lefty go for less than a righty. Never. Ever.

Meanwhile, don't think there ever was a lawsuit on those. The SX he sells still use that same headstock, I believe. He just switched to using the new Intrepid design, since he owns the rights.

While backwards in his lefty/righty prices, madrigal is right on price wise. You're looking at $250-300. New Ghost with the Intrepid style headstocks sell for $350.

• Members

the newer ghost have the lil ripple to differentiate from explorer. I cant decide whether to keep it and swap pickups or sell it. I think I would prefer a flyn V body

you'll hat eteh V body for practicing - Ex's are the best for non-conforming guitars

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I saw a lawsuit ghost sell on ebay for $480 plus $40 shipping. It was a white lefty and the pickups werent even wiredup.

I kept it and had some new pickups installed and its really starting to grow on me.

• 10 months later...
  • Members
I saw a lawsuit ghost sell on ebay for $480 plus $40 shipping. It was a white lefty and the pickups werent even wiredup.

there will always be someone out there who doesnt know squat and pay too much.. I own a couple pre-lawsuit agiles a valkyrie and a 3000 and both were cheap 180 for the valkyrie and about 240 for the 3000.. Whoever is telling you that pre-lawsuit agiles are worth more is probably selling one.. there's a guy on ebay trying to sell a ghost for $1500.. it was only 319 when new... he even told me it was a collectors item cuz it was pre-lawsuit.. owning some of these myself I just laughed and offered 300 which I thought was a more than fair offer:thu:

Update: After 9 mo. of trying to buy an original ghost (lefty) I found the realistic asking prices will range from 400-600. More than the original price but since they were so close to explorer copies its still really not a bad deal...If you can find someone selling a "Lefty"

There are not that many lefty explorers....only other one off hand I can think of is the Gaskells Classic that is slightly smaller and more than $1500

UPDATE: I landed a original left handed ghost (original condition) for 235 all in... Ive been looking everyday for 9 months and finally it paid off

attachment.php?attachmentid=345723&d=133

• Members

Lots of folks like Agiles. Many also like the original body styles offered. I cant imagine that quality was any better in those older guitars. Still made in same factory by same workers on same machines with similar if not same wood and electronics. They still represent an excellent bang for your buck.

Besides, there was never a lawsuit. Bodies and headstocks were changed prior to any lawsuit being filed. The bodystyle changes may have been preemptive but they were not a result of legal action being taken by Gibson.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

you'll hat eteh V body for practicing - Ex's are the best for non-conforming guitars

V's are super comfy sit down guitars, I used to think the same thing till I got one, I own 5 now (including 1 ML wich is best of both worlds, still sit with it like a V)

Archived