I like guitars!

thecornman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any, "I like.....," threads are always going to be less popular than, "I hate....," threads. Hate is what sells around here.

hmmm....good point. well, if trolls are people who start the hate threads, what's the term for people who start the like threads?

• Members

Well I could have started the thread with something usefull like this sucks or this VS. that so all the insecure sensitive people would have something to fight about, but I think that has been covered good enough!

So ya I like guitars.

To like guitars is a given.

It won't take long before a leopard shows it's spots and just slam individuals.

Cynicism is a prerequisite around here.

At first, I thought it was just a bunch of smart asses but I've come to realize it's just a few dreks in the forum.

No offense to the OP and I don't mean this as a disrespect towards the OP.

I think respect is lost around here. Especially from those who are the first to say....troll.

• Members

I like guitars, too. $200 beater acoustics, $5000 custom-built Suhrs, $250,000 Les Pauls and everything in between. Offsets, no offsets, single coils, humbuckers, P90s, bolt-on, set neck... Even the {censored}tiest tone is the
right
tone for at least
one
song.

I like your positive outlook and it makes sense to me.

• Members

To like guitars is a given.

It won't take long before a leopard shows it's spots and just slam individuals.

Cynicism is a prerequisite around here.

At first, I thought it was just a bunch of smart asses but I've come to realize it's just a few dreks in the forum.

No offense to the OP and I don't mean this as a disrespect towards the OP.

I think respect is lost around here. Especially from those who are the first to say....troll.

Can't disagree with you here at all.

• Members

trolls.

Not going to have a lot of troll hits by saying positive things, but it is all good call me what you will. I have a real life which I enjoy alot and is real positive so I don't lose sleep over stuff on a forum with a bunch of people I don't know.

• Members

My last post was regretfully venomous but I think dead on.

I think if we respect others style; gear choices and music opinions, this forum can be a place of learning.

Whether we disagree or agree, the flow of information shouldn't be stifulled by a HC'er's who are just ball busters.

• Members

People are a pretty disappointing lot in general, interest in guitars notwithstanding ...

Its funny how you expect people to be mostly similar to you because they have a single common hobby or belief. Or dissimilar. The smarter we think we are, usually is the when we're acting our dumbest.

Or not. Whatever.

• Members

i'm glad you do... you introduced me to the kpa... thanks

You're welcome. I hope your Kemper works out for you.

I've been following the Kemper news since they first started hyping it before it's intro at NAMM. I've heard tons of clips, but I've not seen one in person.

Every once in a while, I like to share info about new gear that I find interesting. But, it's a bit like pissing into the wind to do that around here. This is a luddite stronghold. ;)

• Members

You're welcome. I hope your Kemper works out for you.

I've been following the Kemper news since they first started hyping it before it's intro at NAMM. I've heard tons of clips, but I've not seen one in person.

Every once in a while, I like to share info about new gear that I find interesting. But, it's a bit like pissing into the wind to do that around here. This is a luddite stronghold.
;)

i've always been of the mind that some people get great results with modelers... but they're just not for me... i'm a tube amp guy all the way... and that's from past experiences, not a closed mind

this thing is bloody awesome though... i don't usually play with a tonne of gain, but today i was trying some soldano profiles... damn... just incredible

as soon as i saw the way it operates i had to check it out... and as soon as i checked it out i had to own it... it's perfect for my recording setup

coming across this thing has been a big deal to me.. so i'm glad there's people here who keep an eye on what's going on

Archived