The Hollow Guitar

Elias Graves

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did you get a free bowl of soup with that strap? :lol:

Just kidding. I found a couple old straps of mine that are equally gaudy that I have been using lately. You just don't see them anymore, but in like 1980 that was all they had at the store. I had one that was double width and purple, blue, black and brown. Hideous. I wish I could find that one.

My lefty semi-hollow...

DSC06667.jpg

• Members

I have one of those and it is awesome sauce. I can't tell but it doesn't look like you have a spacer under the bridge pickup. i put one under mine and raised the pickup up where it is supposed to be. I also screwed the polepieces way up to get some more highs. I keep wanting to get the beefier spring for the bigsby. Over time, mine has just gotten a little flaccid. I think I put a penny under mine when I first got it to stiffen it up, but it seems to have fatigued lately. still a great guitar. I really lucked out. My wife bought it for me online.

If i have to take a twin pick uphollow, it will deff be this here Epi ES-295
:evil:

3624725249_0ff4591eef.jpg

• Members

It works! Yay. The pickup is real close to a P90 in sound. Maybe not quite as much mids, but it's a nice fat single coil. It's just a hint microphonic, which sounds killer with the hollowbody.

With the still unfinished pickguard.

OklahomaCity-20120101-00698.jpg

One more quick spray, then I can install that tomorrow.

EG

Archived