Avengers! Assemble!

jjpistols

• Members

Yes. How are the other donations coming? Anyone else contacted you?

We're pretty much there...

Fiaso is sending a bridge, ajympt is sending pots and special j a jackplate setup...near as I can tell we should be good to go...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We're pretty much there...

Fiaso is sending a bridge, ajympt is sending pots and special j a jackplate setup...near as I can tell we should be good to go...

pm'ed ya with a request for an address. Might be easier if I just sent it directly to git and have him take it around the corner? Save a few pennies shipping it once instead of twice.

• Members

Update: I had a few moments over the weekend to go over the guitar that I'm giving my brother. It's an old plywood-bodied Squier that came to me needing a new neck & a LOT of setup work, but also came loaded with Seymour Duncan pickups and 7-way switching.

Along with a replacement neck and pickguard, I decided to free-hand a 'custom' logo using his initials before giving it to him:

052012150026.jpg

2012-05-20_20-56-09_20.jpg

I also spoke with him last night... it seems that his old stuff is NOT at his girlfriends mothers' house as we had previously thought. He's convinced at this point that it was all traded for drugs (or to cover debt owed to her sons' dealer).

• Members

What's going on? Have stoneball jack and gdsmithtx hooked up yet? Yall can get that strat all tuned and hot rodded with any of these party offered up.

Jelloman, did the neck get there?

Hey sorry I thought someone else was on top of that. I'll pm him and see what we can do. If the strat is complete though we might not be able to hot rod it too much. Aren't the gfs grey bottoms being used for another guitar? I didn't see any other pickup donations to put in it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My brother told me today that he just received a box 'from Ebay' with a 'killer' effects pedal in it.
:thu:

Many thanks to whomever sent it. You guys ROCK!

Please ask him if he received my black Squier Strat with the ugly green pearloid pickguard. I suspect something fishy may have taken place in my company's shipping & receiving department. No one can provide me with a status/receipt/tracking number for the guitar which I dropped off for them to ship for me.

• Members
My brother told me today that he just received a box 'from Ebay' with a 'killer' effects pedal in it.
:thu:

Many thanks to whomever sent it. You guys ROCK!

Please ask him if he received my black Squier Strat with the ugly green pearloid pickguard. I suspect something fishy may have taken place in my company's shipping & receiving department. No one can provide me with a status/receipt/tracking number for the guitar which I dropped off for them to ship for me.

• Members

The effects box is the only thing that he mentioned. As the cat is now out of the bag, though, I'm going to point him to this thread (and forum in general). Hopefully he can confirm if/ when the Strat has shown up.

• Members

The effects box is the only thing that he mentioned. As the cat is now out of the bag, though, I'm going to point him to this thread (and forum in general). Hopefully he can confirm if/ when the Strat has shown up.

It should have shown up already. I packed it well (box within a box and loosened strings) and asked the guys down in S&R to send it the most cost effective way to get it there within two weeks (that didn't involve UPS), and to send me the tracking number & shipping bill. That was well over a month ago, and no one could give me any info on it when I asked last week.

• Members

It should have shown up already. I packed it well (box within a box and loosened strings) and asked the guys down in S&R to send it the most cost effective way to get it there within two weeks (that didn't involve UPS), and to send me the tracking number & shipping bill. That was well over a month ago, and no one could give me any info on it when I asked last week.

FWIW, I confirmed with him today that he has NOT received a guitar.

Archived