Unusual famous guitarist pics

ak47dragunov

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love that movie to death!

The Edge really disappointed me though, I must admit. I'm not a fan of his massive overlaid effects.

I think I came out of it liking The Edge more than I did before seeing the movie. Before I saw the movie I just thought that he played that way because he had to use the effects as a crutch whereas I got the impression from the movie that he looks at using the effects as a completely different take on guitar altogether. Are the effects still a crutch? Possibly...but I think his inspiration came from a lot of effects (especially delays) and his OCD about having effects set 'perfectly' (his perfect) inspires people to be tasteful in their use of effects.

I think my opinion of all of them went up and I was already quite a Page worship sort anyway...to see how down to earth the guy is put me over the top - he even struck me as humble.

Jack White I was only acquainted with on a small level and it was nice to get a bit of a feel for his personality, what made him the way that he is and what drives him - or at least a little insight into those things.

• Members

Jimmy Page playing an Italian EKO Ranger 12 string. As far as I know he only played it during the 72 Australian tour. Great cheap guitar.

Don't get excited, guys.

I lived in Italy and EVERY EKO I EVER played was an unmitigated piece of {censored}.

• 1 year later...

Archived